Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

I really like Cap and Bucky double teaming Ironman. Since this a Capt. America movie(not Ironman) I am sure he will win this. It's too bad they could not
    include Luke Cage, Matt Murdock, Black Goliath. Ms. Marvel , Iron Fist and Dr. Strange

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

That trailer looks so FREAKIN' AWESOME!! I can't wait until this movie comes out!
      sigpic

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by wise guy
        I really like Cap and Bucky double teaming Ironman. Since this a Capt. America movie(not Ironman) I am sure he will win this. It's too bad they could not
        include Luke Cage, Matt Murdock, Black Goliath. Ms. Marvel , Iron Fist and Dr. Strange
        that's a lot of superheroes for one film would be good but can't imagine they would do it.i thought they were doing a defenders film that would be good unless they went down the guardians of the galaxy route and left out dr.strange,the hulk,namor ,silver surfer & valkyrie and had a tree and a furry animal instead.

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by daz71
          I thought they were doing a defenders film that would be good unless they went down the guardians of the galaxy route and left out dr.strange,the hulk,namor ,silver surfer & valkyrie and had a tree and a furry animal instead.
          There's going to be a Defenders TV show, but I'm pretty sure it won't involve Dr. Strange, Hulk, Namor, etc. but rather Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones instead.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

As for the Defenders:

You have to watch Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist and then they were going to have a Defenders 2 part movie after it. That was then, now it looks like it will be after Daredevil 2 and will include Punisher and possibly Hellcat into the Defenders (of Heroes for Hire) movie.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• daz71
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by cjefferys
              There's going to be a Defenders TV show, but I'm pretty sure it won't involve Dr. Strange, Hulk, Namor, etc. but rather Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones instead.
              that's awful .why do the keep re writing comic book history.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

I think Netflix wanted to team up everyone after introducing them in their own series (kind of like what the MCU did with the Avengers after individual hero films) and rather than come up with a new name for the team, decided to go with an existing one. Dr. Strange and Hulk are already entrenched in the MCU, and I'm still not sure what the rights situation is with Namor (Marvel or Fox?), but it doesn't look like anyone is currently in a hurry to develop him in a film/TV show as of yet.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

This was my biggest complaint why call it Defenders when the are members of Heroes for Hire or Marvel Knights.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• daz71
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2014

first the avengers with no henry pym,wasp ,jarvis the butler or avengers mansion then guardians of the galaxy without the guardians now the defenders with no defenders it makes you wonder if the makers of these films have ever read any of the original comics maybe mcu stands for marvel comics unread or marvel comics unrelated as in no relation to the comics at all.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

It must suck to be so resistant to any change, there is some tremendously fun stuff out there.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                        It must suck to be so resistant to any change, there is some tremendously fun stuff out there.
                        Absolutely, we are so spoiled for choice these days! The Civil War film also deviates quite a bit from the comic (so I've heard, I've never read it), but damn if it doesn't look like a lot of fun, so that's fine with me. When I was a teenager, I never dreamed that someday there would be superheroes all over the silver screen and television, it's just fantastic that all this is happening.

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

The MCU/Disney doesn't have rights to Silver Surfer or Namor, so it's not even a possibility at this point in time. Given how awesome Daredevil and Jessica Jones (not to mention Luke Cage) have been so far, I'm all for The Marvel Knights/New Avengers/Heroes for Hire calling themselves the Defenders in a Netflix TV series. with Punisher and Elektra coming up on DD Season 2, I'm really looking forward to a show that likely won't air for another two years!

And I am absolutely ASTONISHED at how true to the spirit of the comic book source material they went with the Guardians of the Galaxy team that spun out of the Annihilation crossover. It's incredible how Abnett and Lanning were able to take third tier characters and create a really engaging comic with a really unique approach to the Marvel Cosmic Universe. it had to be this team that made it to the big screen given that it's the best of the Guardians comic books. The director even said he would have used Bug from the Micronauts if the lawyers had given him the green light on that. Plus the Collector, Thanos, Nebula, Ronan the Accuser, Nova Corps and Howard the Duck?! How can they NOT be familiar with the comics? How is this not a fanboys dream?

I have no doubt that characters like Warlock, Quasar, Vance Astro, and Nova and who knows what other Guardians members past and future are just sitting in the wings waiting to show up/spin off from future Guardians of the Galaxy films.

Last edited by samurainoir; Nov 27, '15, 12:57 AM.
                          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• daz71
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2014

the defenders with no defenders is like going to see a dirty harry film and getting a uniform wearing cop sat in his car eating doughnuts and no dirty harry but as for wanting the originals and not wanting change i wonder how people would have felt if ftc had said they were doing re mego then brought out movie versions of the characters looking nothing like the originals would the people complaining be seen as resistant to change.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

A lot of people would buy those, they're called Hot Toys, they're popular.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by daz71
                                the defenders with no defenders is like going to see a dirty harry film and getting a uniform wearing cop sat in his car eating doughnuts and no dirty harry but as for wanting the originals and not wanting change i wonder how people would have felt if ftc had said they were doing re mego then brought out movie versions of the characters looking nothing like the originals would the people complaining be seen as resistant to change.
                                hate to break it to you, but Iron Fist, DD and Cage were all Defenders, so its not so off the mark as you claim. Guardians, same thing, the movie was based on the current comic lineup.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎