Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Yeah, I sent them the head back. It is what it is. Hopefully they send me a new head that's not without issue, because apparently if they send me a second bum head my only recourse is to pay to send it back again. Groan. It may make me less likely to deal with them in the future, but it was never really a huge deal to me. Which is why I asked here if this was common before even contacting them. Honestly I took more issue with the fact that a couple people on here seemed to think I somehow shared part of the blame, thus it was fair I pay to have the problem corrected. As opposed to what it really is, below industry standard customer service.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Speaking strictly about my business dealings with FTC, without being too specific, I've had two issues with FTC.

One was an order that I got from eBay where the seller told me to contact FTC regarding a defect issue. I did and they took care of it. Actually, Anthony did personally. I was very appreciative.

The second time was with an order I placed with FTC. They somehow dropped part of my order; computer glitch, I guess. Through email and my original receipt, the issue was found and proven, but the initial resolution was to order more product, along with the missing item, to get the missing item and the discount. I found that to be unacceptable because I only ordered the item I received to get the discount on the item that was missing. I was then offered the item at cost, free shipping. I took that option because I really wanted the item. I probably paid a few dollars more than if I had received it in my original order with the discount, but sometimes you just have to take a deep breath and do what you have to do.
      Last edited by TRDouble; Nov 28, '15, 2:25 PM.

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

I purchased a Shazam Fist fighter from BBTS and the neck cracked after about 2 months . I emailed Figures and they sent me another one with out having to return
        it to them or BBTS. On another order( from Figures) my JLA Shazam had a broken arm , and I did have to return it, but they sen't me another good one

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by BATMAN89
          They should be just sending you a new head, and no returns on your part.
          Agreed, easy and simple with no hassle, talk to them again.

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
            w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
            • Sep 17, 2008

I had a very similar issue with a Penguin from them. However, mine was not a case of a "chunk" missing, but there was a hole and small cracks running from both sides of it. Luckily my Penguin displays with no bowed-head syndrome, but turning the head is something I don't want to do much for fear of the hole growing larger and possibly the neck-stem becoming completely detached. The material that the head is made from is unfortunately quite brittle.
            Last edited by D!n0-M@n; Nov 28, '15, 8:55 AM.
            MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

and if they would have taken better care of this customer's problem there wouldn't be a thread on this at the most prominent message board for the format that they produce figures.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• argent007
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 7, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                and if they would have taken better care of this customer's problem there wouldn't be a thread on this at the most prominent message board for the format that they produce figures.
                I was thinking the same thing.

I have an order of around $300 that I'm uncertain about placing. Not just due to this incident, but it is helping me stay on the fence.
                My Updated Want List:
                Comic book original art
                1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• jacsfc
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by argent007
                  I was thinking the same thing. I have an order of around $300 that I'm uncertain about placing. Not just due to this incident, but it is helping me stay on the fence.
                  I have been buying from them for over 7 years. Every single time I have had a broken body or part arrive they have sent me replacements no questions asked. The only reason I could possibly think they want you to pay for returning it is all the talk of switching the figures to other bodies on this forum. If they think you may have torn the head trying to remove it that may cause some hesitation. Not saying I agree just providing a different view.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    Honestly I took more issue with the fact that a couple people on here seemed to think I somehow shared part of the blame, thus it was fair I pay to have the problem corrected. As opposed to what it really is, below industry standard customer service.
                    I would like to apologize. After considering that you are only asking for a replacement piece, and not a full return, FTC would have been well advised to not have requested anything from you. Please forgive me for speaking out of content.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                      I would like to apologize. After considering that you are only asking for a replacement piece, and not a full return, FTC would have been well advised to not have requested anything from you. Please forgive me for speaking out of content.
                      No worries. It's all good.

Originally posted by jacsfc
                      I have been buying from them for over 7 years. Every single time I have had a broken body or part arrive they have sent me replacements no questions asked. The only reason I could possibly think they want you to pay for returning it is all the talk of switching the figures to other bodies on this forum. If they think you may have torn the head trying to remove it that may cause some hesitation. Not saying I agree just providing a different view.
                      That could be I suppose. Though it should be obvious to them that this was a factory defect, I suppose your theory could be right. In the end I get the feeling that it just depends on who you speak to and what sort of mood they're in that day as to how they resolve an issue, because it seems there are some wildly divergent answers as to people's past experiences.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎