Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

yeah, seems like they could get away with False Face. Clock King's likeness has been used in the comic so he must be usable. I'd really like to see some female villains in this line, Zelda, Ma Parker, Catwoman!!!!!
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megowgsh
      Customego HoF Curator
      • Nov 19, 2003

This set is fabulous, but I caution those who plan on buying just Barbara that it may only be available as a set as they have done before.

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

dick looks older than bruce must have had a rough knight

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

I luv these. This is alright in my book. Great job FTC, all the way around. You really know how to sell a product! ;

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by megowgsh
            This set is fabulous, but I caution those who plan on buying just Barbara that it may only be available as a set as they have done before.

If Barbara is available only as part of the set, I'm out. I would have loved to get Alfred from the set shown, but I just can't justify buying a whole set to get one figure.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

I'd bet that they are going to be wave 6 of the line.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Toycade
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 8, 2014

As far as I know, and of course anything can change, this is going to be a standard wave, not a wave of exclusives.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Toycade
                  As far as I know, and of course anything can change, this is going to be a standard wave, not a wave of exclusives.
                  just as I figured, they are going to start padding out the regular waves with retreads.

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    I'd bet that they are going to be wave 6 of the line.
                    yuck! wave 6? that means we'll be waiting a long while for Newmar Catwoman

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Nice looking set. Better than the EE Exclusives, which I still could not pull the trigger on, even at the two deep discounted sales they had.

As a regular wave, the price should be normal for these (although higher than they originally started; maybe a bit more because of the surf boards?) and I will probably get the whole wave. These could be a nice standalone display.

And FTC gets a little more mileage out of the Craig and O'Hara licenses, which had to be expected.

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by sprytel
                        Those are great! I expected Bats and Joker. But the Barbara and O'Hara figures really pull it all together for me, for some strange reason.
                        I might have considered passing on just the Joker and Bats, but O'Hara and Babs sold me on the set. The Babs head does seem to look really good on the female body, without any scale issues at all.

and, yes, this was one of the really silly episodes, especially with the swim trunks over the full costumes, but that was the tone of the last season. And it does make a set of fun figures.

Comment

• Toycade
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jul 8, 2014

As a retailer, I was initially disappointed. "How many people are going to want "Beach Bum O'Hara?" I thought. The answer is likely "Not many." But, I think as a set, it is hard to pass up. One of those times when the sum is greater than its parts.

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Toycade
                            As a retailer, I was initially disappointed. "How many people are going to want "Beach Bum O'Hara?" I thought. The answer is likely "Not many." But, I think as a set, it is hard to pass up. One of those times when the sum is greater than its parts.
                            In all fairness,it probably cost FTC $2-3 each figure to make.So,it isn't that much of a loss in the big retail picture if they don't sell well

Comment

• warlock664
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu
                              In all fairness,it probably cost FTC $2-3 each figure to make.So,it isn't that much of a loss in the big retail picture if they don't sell well
                              But it could be to retailers who invest in a lot of product.

Comment

• Agent4125
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Aug 23, 2007

I appreciate that they are making a complete wave of Surfs Up figures.
                                I had hoped for Barbara in bathing suit and the chief.
                                Maybe they can also make Buzzy later on?
                                But what happened to Barbaras hair? She looks a bit like Janice Rand

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎