Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

*And the wristbands around his gloves need to be black.

Comment

• megomania
      Persistent Member
      • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Mego Milk
      buy 2.
      H e l l I'll buy em all cause they're all wonderfully purrrrrrfect!

Comment

• TomStrong
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2011

I'll be picking this up as well as Space Ghost.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Not concerned about neck gap. These prototype heads seem to be taped onto the bodies, causing the gap to appear. I thought I wouldn't like the open mouth. After consideration, I don't mind this one. It's no where as extreme as the Famous Covers. IMO, the black works better for me than a dark blue. All considered, I find this figure to represent FTC at it's best.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Well, the head IS in scale...but sadly it's butt-ugly. Another pass.
            sigpic

Comment

• darkbros
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
              All considered, I find this figure to represent FTC at it's best.
              I disagree...Cyborg is the better figure, and unfortunately has set the bar on which all the New Teen Titans
              Figures are going to be judged.
              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Since its a prototype, and bound to be changed, I am definitely considering buying him.

But I want 66 Catwoman and Batgirl first.
                JediJaida

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by darkbros
                  I disagree...Cyborg is the better figure, and unfortunately has set the bar on which all the New Teen Titans
                  Figures are going to be judged.
                  Disagreeing is always good. Was it the head sculpt or black costume you didn't like? Oh, and I have my concerns about Cyborgs head scale. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

It always seems as though, people say.. since this is just a prototype, the finished figure will be better. And the finished figures always look just like the prototypes.

This figure looks pretty good, the only thing besides the neck gap, that I would be unhappy with would be the head sculpt. It's not bad, but a lot people here on the board have sculpted better heads.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I think both Nightwing and Cyborg are great figures! The heads are much better in scale than some I've seen. The costumes show a great amount of detail! I'd kinda like to see Nightwing next to 66 Batman at this point! He looks like he could fit right in. hehehe

Bring on Starfire, Raven, and hopefully an 8" Donna Troy in black with sparkles!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Mixed on this one. The head looks in good proportion, and I can definitely see the Perez Dick Grayson in the sculpt, I just wish he'd had a nice, neutral expression rather than the yelling mouth. And the black rather than the blue really looks off to me; some of that may be the result of thirty years of my own dark blue costumed Nightwing, but the light blue just goes much better with a navy hue. I can see where the costume could be interpreted as black with shiny blue highlights by classic comic book convention, but the other figure actually made of this by DC Direct/Collectibles had him definitively in dark blue.

On the plus side, the costume is well done, and they didn't fudge any of the major details. I know this look is definitely dated and pretty well trapped in the 80's, but it is still a classic look in my eyes, and I'm glad we're getting this rather than some of the more mundane, boring looks he's sported in recent years.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

my biggest gripe with this one is the TT style sleeves and legs, the bunched up result looked terrible on the originals and should really be done away with for the new ones.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                            Disagreeing is always good. Was it the head sculpt or black costume you didn't like? Oh, and I have my concerns about Cyborgs head scale. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
                            Head Sculpt is the number 1 bother, # 2 is the BIG ***** Collar...lol. #3 is the TT shortening of the sleeves...I didin't like it on the original titans or Iron Man for that matter....
                            Try making any of the figures pose in a proper fighting stance and see how ridiculous it looks.....as for Cyborg, head is a bit big, but not Alfred big....and the rest of the figure is spot on. OF the two Cyborg set the bar with least amount to complain about IMHO...patiently waiting for ( hopefully) not sculpted headed Raven and not worse than hooker Mary Marvel / Catherine Bach big headed Starfire......
                            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎