For the Space Ghost fans

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paladin
    • Oct 26, 2015

While I commend the effort, and I am a HUGE SG fan. Based on this promo shot, I'm not interested for all of the already mentioned reasons. Although Jan's hair would be better rooted, the sculpt is very good. My real issue is what I call the over painting. The lines in the hair and on the faces to emphasize the sculpted details are overdone IMHO.
    And that SG head is really bad. Tone it down on the paint and shrink his head, and I'll happily buy at least two sets.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Space Ghost's paint apps look just like he fell out of a HB cartoon, so I have no problems with it.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Paladin
        • Oct 26, 2015

Oh, no doubt about it Thunderbolt, it does look exactly like the cartoon. If they leave it that way, I may have to doctor up one to look a bit less stark, soften it up a bit. Either way, I'll be hard pressed not to get at least one. The more I think on it, the more I want it. I even looked into head shrinking just in case LOL...

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

I've seen toy makers try to do the "art lines" on figures before (the comic based Turtle figures a few years back and some DC Collectibles figures) and it rarely translates well, if ever. In three dimensions, we really don't have lines delineating features on faces and such, and it usually just looks...out of place.

As far as SG himself goes, if he has a big noggin, I'll likely pass. The head shape itself is off; as has been pointed out, it should taper a little outward as it heads to the shoulders. Given it's already lapping over the neck plug, it should have been possible to get it a little closer to the correct shape.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I think that Space Ghost would benefit front a recessed neck-plug, so that his cowl would come down slightly over the front and back torso. This would really seat and integrate the head better, to approximate the Toth design.

Vintage Mego used this approach with their POTA and Cowardly Lion heads.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              I think that Space Ghost would benefit front a recessed neck-plug, so that his cowl would come down slightly over the front and back torso. This would really seat and integrate the head better, to approximate the Toth design.

Vintage Mego used this approach with their POTA and Cowardly Lion heads.
              Yes, that would definitely make it a bit more spot on. Sadly, it's too late by now, I'm sure, because what we see in prototype form is what we get.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                Mego obsessed!!!
                • Jul 20, 2010

I think the kids looks great! Don't care about rooted hair on Jan.
                The deal breaker is Space Ghost's giant head.
                I passed on Bizarro for the same reason.
                Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎