X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Hammer Documentary on the Warner Bros. Years

This seems like a fine Kickstarter to back. I put in my $35 for the DVD.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ner-bros-years

I love Hammer, and I agree that some of the Warner Bros. releases were many of the best.
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

i wondered who owns the rights to hammer films because you see them released on so many different labels.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Hammer partnered with different studios on different films...sometimes within the same series! That's why some of the Draculas belong to Warners, some don't, and one (Satanic Rites of Dracula) is actually in the public domain!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Right. And Universal owns a bunch, and 20th Century Fox owns a bunch. Which makes consistency of the home video shelf a mess when it comes to releases. Oddly, Blu Ray has not been very kind to Hammer, at least in the U.S. A nice 4 disc box set from Warner did just come out, but there are so many that could use a nice colorful remastering.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Is that funding project intended to get an existing documentary DVD redistributed or for someone to make a documentary about it?

Comment

• daz71
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            ^Hammer partnered with different studios on different films...sometimes within the same series! That's why some of the Draculas belong to Warners, some don't, and one (Satanic Rites of Dracula) is actually in the public domain!

Chris
            ah that makes sense there was a label called optimum i think and they seemed to release loads but not sure if they released the warners ones.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
              Is that funding project intended to get an existing documentary DVD redistributed or for someone to make a documentary about it?

I believe it is to get the documentary made, and then distributed. So, no, it is not finished yet. But they have already met their goal, so it should be a go.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I'll add that I'm not a huge fan of crowd funding, but Marcus Hearn has proved himself to be the authority on all things Hammer. His documentary on the Dracula Prince of Darkness Blu Ray is brief, but excellent. I have all his books, and I'm confident he won't let us down.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎