Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Saw this movie and I got to say, even though the cast itself is excellent, it's an odd movie to make figures out of. Not exactly sure why there would be any desire to have figures based on this story. It's an intriguing movie with some interesting social messaging, but I wouldn't exactly think of these characters as something I would put on my shelf. It doesn't exactly translate like that.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by MIB41
      Saw this movie and I got to say, even though the cast itself is excellent, it's an odd movie to make figures out of. Not exactly sure why there would be any desire to have figures based on this story. It's an intriguing movie with some interesting social messaging, but I wouldn't exactly think of these characters as something I would put on my shelf. It doesn't exactly translate like that.
      agreed! I thought the movie was pretty stupid myself and lost all desire to buy figures for such a long-winded and overly violent unnecessary film for the purpose of some kind of "western" entertainment?

Not dropping $250+ no matter how nice they may look

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

For me it was more of a film event… the 70mm lens/print was gorgeous, the score (heavy on the bassoon!) by Ennio Morricone was killer, the camera work made use of a deep depth of field and width even in the confines of Minnie's, and if you're a fan of QT's snappy dialogue and wicked expose of human violence, well it delivered. I'd agree the story itself, and particularly the flashback chapter, had problems and didn't make the most of the epic (character building) structure. Despite the flaws I thought the acting, especially by KR, SJ, WG and JJL, rocked.

I also appreciated being in a theater with an excellent sound system to enjoy the overture, score and sound effects. I (luckily!) had some of best popcorn in my life and it was fun to read the program pre-show and talk with others during intermission. I dug the roadshow experience and it would be supercool if QT's effort leads to other filmmakers using the format. So fun!

NECA has the figures for individual sale; you can buy anyone (or none) without spending said *$250+.*
        Last edited by Confessional; Dec 29, '15, 6:06 PM. Reason: … reckonin' consideration!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

Only $228.99 with free shipping for the 8-figure set at EE.

That's only $28.62 per figure shipped.

For figures of this quality, that's a bargain.

Comment

• wise guy
            Career Member
            • Dec 29, 2014

My Toys R us has Neca 8" FOR 29.99 EA and has Taylor , Soldier Ape, 2 different colored Freddie Kruegars, Jason from Friday 13th, Leatherface and soon to carry some of these. No point in ordering all 8 to save 12.00 plus these are really ugly figures (IMO) with no cult following yet and the hats don't come off

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
              Only $228.99 with free shipping for the 8-figure set at EE.

That's only $28.62 per figure shipped.

For figures of this quality, that's a bargain.
              Yeah, if international shipping didn't ruin it for me, I'd be in. Neca 8" goes for about $45 a piece here.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎