X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

anybody like hockey?

I'm not anticipating this thread going to far. I might as well be asking "who likes lawn bowling" or "dog shows", both pull in better ratings in the States. But, today was final day of the regular season before the play-offs. Anyways,just wondering.
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

Hi, I'll chime in. The Washington Capitals run for the playoffs did pull me back in a bit. To be honest the strike year threw me off somewhat. Also, the other hard part is finding it on TV here if one doesn't have cable.
    It's all good!

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

Your kidding right? Theres enough Canucks here to keep a hockey thread afloat for awhile!! I know some of the "Southern North Americans" here are fans too!!

I'm pulling for the Flames again this year (naturally), but have to admit I'm a bit worried at their chances. They never really solidified as a team this year under Iron Mike....in fact at times, they seemed to be playing bad just to irk him. I know that doesnt sound very professional,and I'm sure it's just my take..but you wonder sometimes....?

I see your from Ontario...Leafs or Senators fan?
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

My Panthers almost pulled it off,but choked in the end
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• 4NDR01D
          Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
          • Jan 22, 2008

SENS!!! but they won't go to far without Alfie and Fisher I'm afraid.

Comment

• Captain
            Fighting the good fight!
            • Jun 17, 2001

I dont know...I think the Sens can handle the Penquins (I think thats who they face in the first round?) without too much trouble. It might be tough sledding, but they should do ok. According to a buddy of mine, the play off results are fixed anyways of late. He believes a Canadian team, and an American team thats having a rough time of it financially, will meet in the final round. I dont believe this for a second, but he swears its a conspiracy!!!
            If he is right, the Sens should be the Canadian team this year, and somebody like Carolina or Nashville will be the US team.
            "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

I'm in . . . . . Dallas Stars Fan . . . . .
              The East always has the flash but in the end Western Conference teams have the Defensive and the Goaltending to win. When the playoffs start things get much more crowded and Ovechkin, Crosby and Malkin (not to leave out others) won't have near the space to move as they did during the Regular season. New Jersey and New York have the best all round teams in the east but you never know. I would love to see Montreal put up a good run! Price is the hot Goalie right now, but he is a rookie so we'll see what the playoffs bring.
              The West (much like the NBA) will be a dogfight. If the Red Wings get the goaltending they need they're pretty hard to bet against . . . . I would love to see my Stars make a run and if they survive the 1st round against the Ducks anything is possible.

Me like Hockey!!!
              jim
              My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎