Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman '66 head count is really impressive.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego maniac mark
    Career Member
    • Aug 3, 2010

I am so grateful for FTC. Love my Batman 66 figures. I second what Austin and Tom said. I also met the guys at FTC when I visited last year. They were gracious hosts and I was an overjoyed thankful customer/fan of what they offer.
    If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Who would have thunk 5 years ago we would have batman & Robin 66 mego figures that weren't customs, let alone all the others in the line.
    So all of you haters who haven't gotten Aunt Harriet yet need to be grateful for what has been produced 🤗
    mego's befo ho's

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      The variants don't bother me at all, if I don't like them I don't buy them. I love that I can get ?-suited Riddler or both pink-cowled Batman and disguised Mad Hatter (love David Wayne's Jervis tTtch). If some seem lazy (purple bags, bound heroes), I just move on to something else.

Where I do reserve the right to express concern is on fabrication and design, as I would as a customer for anything in which I'm interested. For reMego, I'm the target customer. My opinion matters. Luckily, with the exception of one figure, this line has been well-crafted and mostly very faithful to the show. I'm glad to have them.
      They don't bother me I just save my 30 bucks for a NEW figure instead. Its my view of the line as a whole that someone doesn't agree with and resorts to name calling in his posts.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

The 66 Batman line is the best product FTC has created, I'm not a big fan of variants either, but I do think some are better than others, but concerning variants it's all in the eye of the potential buyer, if you like it, then buy it, who cares if the other person doesn't and rants there dislike, I doubt FTC will shut there doors because of it.

Like many others my only head scratcher about this line is the fact they haven't produced a Catwoman yet, but I'm sure
        (THEY) know this and (WILL) produce one at some point soon, maybe will get the news for the holiday rush, I wouldn't be surprised if they threw a few different CW versions at us, just to shut us up like Newmar, Kitt, Merriwether, and variants like, Newmar in old woman disguise, Kitt in evening gown dress, Merriwether as Miss Kitka, how about a two pack Newmar and Kitt or Catwoman/Sandman, so there's a lot of idea's you can do with a 66 Catwoman, and in the meantime if FTC comes out with another variant or two so be it, and if you don't like it, then don't buy it, it's that simple.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm not sure whose likeness-rights remain unexploited. But I think Hamilton, Rennie, Van Johnson, Carney, Jones, and perhaps Berle are off-limits.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I'm not sure whose likeness-rights remain unexploited. But I think Hamilton, Rennie, Van Johnson, Carney, Jones, and perhaps Berle are off-limits.
            I'm not to sure but you could possibly add Kitt to that list as well, but hopefully not, I think she made a great Catwoman and seeing her version possibly released in the 66 wave
            would be cool. The holidays are fast approaching and it wouldn't surprise me if FTC had a purrrfect surprise in store.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

oh yeah love the 66 BATMAN LINE ,i am sure Cat women will be along soon ,they will use the Superfriends Cheetas hands for her ,i hope they
              do all three classic Catwomen ,bought a copy of Batman-return of the capped crusaders animated movie with Adam west ,Burt Ward and julie newmar
              doing their voices ,its actully very good ,they stick to the classic campy style ,If by some chance FTC cant get the rights for Gordon,Harriet etc licence ,perhaps
              they can do them from this film ,they didnt look much like the actors ,Gordon for example had a moustache ,Aunt Harriet had glasses ,that would
              be close enough if they cant do their likeness ,good fun movie .

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                I'm not to sure but you could possibly add Kitt to that list as well, but hopefully not, I think she made a great Catwoman and seeing her version possibly released in the 66 wave
                would be cool. The holidays are fast approaching and it wouldn't surprise me if FTC had a purrrfect surprise in store.
                Eartha Kitt's Catwoman is already on the cardbacks, which I assume means FTC has her rights. Wallach & Sanders may not be available. either.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by megowgsh

Are you telling me in the 1970s we as Trek fans, or POTA fans, or super-hero fans wouldn't have loved to have had another 30 characters in those respective lines regardless of whether they were variants? Of course we would have! And, you're trying to tell us that variants don't COUNT?!?!?!

This process over the years has been called "Mattellizing", or re-using existing parts to make new figures.
                  ( Mattel of course being the most famous for it, as they took existing "bucks" or exsiting figures and repainted
                  them to make new ones).

I personally always thought MEGO should have went this route in 78-79 to save the WGSH line...
                  so many figures could have been easily made and it would have expanded the popularity of the line...
                  Magneto, Cat-Man, Mr. Freeze, Batroc, Crystal, She-Hulk, Toro, Sub-Mariner, Mary Marvel, Black Adam, Flash,
                  Klaw, Black Panther, The Toyman, Bizarro, and Dr. Doom all come to mind when thinking of what could have been if they
                  had done this approach, so definitely count me in as a +1 to this train of thought....
                  Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                  https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• fallensaviour
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 28, 2006

Forgive me if I am inferring negativity in your post (and the posts of others) but I am reading it with a snarky tone: "ONLY 16...MAYBE 18 (figures in total)" and that ticks me off.
                    (Please excuse me now, won't you, while I go work on a custom)
                    First off no snark was intended,if you read that out of my statement then that's on you and your negative outlook.
                    It's meant as it reads 18 new figures in total!! No I don't count variants if you do good for you.
                    Why you'd decide to tee off on me is just plain silly.
                    I've bought most of the FTC stuff except variants as is my prerogative.Hell I've even bought crap off you! (Never again now)
                    I do not nor have I ever started threads bashing FTC and their products.
                    Have I commented once or twice about bad product sure I have but nine times out of ten I'm positive about their stuff and them as individuals.If I had faulty product it was almost always replaced as I stated here before.
                    so if you love the variants that's great you can buy extras of the ones I don't get!!!

By the way when you finished your custom Austin I have a few ideas where you can stick it!!!
                    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ What he said!! And Dear Austin, I personally am not the son of a biscuit eater either.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Madge Blake too.

Comment

• megowgsh
                          Customego HoF Curator
                          • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by fallensaviour
                          First off no snark was intended,if you read that out of my statement then that's on you and your negative outlook.
                          I'll have to take your word for it, but the word ONLY is used in the English language to minimize the importance of the data to follow. Such as, I ate "only" 12 Oreo cookies, or I trolled the Mego Museum forum for "only" 6 hours last night.

And, I know, by seeing the responses that followed mine, that I was not the ONLY one who read it that way.

Maybe it could have been written this way: "FTC has produced 16 to 18 original head sculpts for the Batman '66 line. Along with the 30 variants that brings the total number of figures in the line to 48 (or whatever the number truly is)."

Making a statement minimizing the output of this action figure line, marginalizes the accomplishments of FTC (as I made clear in my post by showing everybody how it compares to Mego) and insults the intelligence of the members here.

PS Joe, your father's biscuit eating accomplishments are legendary at the local Shoney's up here.
                          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• fallensaviour
                            Talkative Member
                            • Aug 28, 2006

I'll have to take your word for it
                            Yes you will,and you could have left it at that but you didn't.
                            Now you wish to express and English lesson on me....lol
                            Okay thanks please let me know if my example is correct for the word Only so I properly understand;

He Only received one cease and desist letter from Marvel and only one cease and desist letter from DC.

Did I use the word only correctly?

Perhaps next time I'll explain to you what the word condescending means.

Maybe you could have written it this way ; "I'll have to take your word for it.Sorry I went off on you."
                            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Chippupperty
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 5, 2004

Wellll, after all that...I am impressed to see all that came out....but to cut back costs, have to be selective with the polybags figures...did get the set that had Joker with the Utility belt....shame they didnt sell that separately

Comment

• Slarivier
                                • Sep 21, 2014

I have to say that, while this wasn't a line that inspired me personally to buy more than 5 figures, it really has been a beautiful collection. I liked the show, and bought the main figures. But for fans of the show, I just think this is a line that will be remembered and revered for a very long time.

And yes, I say all that after being an occasionally heavy critic of FTC's quality control etc (mostly on Facebook). They deserve enthusiastic recognition for this line

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎