• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Mine shipped on the 3rd and is in OH! ugg lol
    I was hoping to have it by now - looks like still have to wait a few days

I really can't wait to get this set! - I'm about to burst!!!!
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by D!n0-M@n
      Waiting on the edge of my seat to get this thing in my hands. It's not helping my anxiety level with the tracking number still not being found by the USPS link in my shipping notice email from last night.

Mystery solved why the tracking number linked to the USPS couldn't be found - it is actually a FedEx tracking number. I copied the number and tried it on the FedEx site on a whim and it went right through, so now I know where my package is - generally speaking. Why it was linked to the USPS rather than FedEx on both the Classic TV Toys "View Orders" page for my account and in the email they sent to confirm the shipment is rather strange, but anyways, I'm happy I figured it out.
      I know CTVT/FTC is using Economy Shipping for large items like the Batcave & Shark. And Economy Shipping means...*Sigh*... Waiting longer... Add Christmas Post traffic and do the math... It happened to me with the Batcave.

As for FedEx and USPS there's a service called FedEx SmartPost. It is an Economy Shipping service used by Entertainment Earth (particularly when they offer FREE SHIPPING) among many other vendors. FedEx would pick the merchandise, move it and relay it at some time to the USPS who end up delivering the package. The tracking number is meant to be tracked at the FedEx web page.

Maybe FTC/CTVT is using this service or a similar one...

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

Just got some sharks in. They look great. I'll post some pics up in a bit.
        One word of caution; the shark doesn't seem to be secured all that well in the packaging, and moves around a bit in transit. I would not shake the box.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Really curious to see them.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

THe shark came out as expected, nicely mimicking the original. I do kind of wish they had made the back end part with the propeller removable, though; I think the original used pretty much the same little motor as some of the Micronaut toys, and those can still be had on ebay (though I don't know the price range). Truth to tell, it doesn't look like something worth around 50 bucks (counting off the cost of Aquaman), and the webbed hands on Aquaman are pretty subtle. This one is a total nostalgia purchase, because I missed out on the original so many years ago. On that count, it's worth it.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Did anyone else notice that the green gloves included for Aquaman are in fact green female (Catwoman-style) gloves? I asked FTC about replacements and was advised the female ones are standard. I'll call that strange and leave it at that...
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

I did not notice that, tho I did note that the gloves were in different places in the boxes I had. Now I am going to have to take a closer look at the one I kept.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Did anyone else notice that the green gloves included for Aquaman are in fact green female (Catwoman-style) gloves? I asked FTC about replacements and was advised the female ones are standard. I'll call that strange and leave it at that...
                  Aquaman, rummaging through the family coat closet...

"Mera, dear.... Have you seen my gloves anywhere? I gotta go talk to some fish. Oh, nevermind, I think I found a pair."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                    I did not notice that, tho I did note that the gloves were in different places in the boxes I had. Now I am going to have to take a closer look at the one I kept.
                    LMK--I'm curious.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎