Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just won a "bulletman",in hidden auction!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by stretchandro
    Are the rest of the super joe line that hard to restore, I'd love to get the whole line but have been putting it off for several reasons, firstly the one's I've seen are almost always still on the card, and more often than not the cards are beat. Secondly, their falling apart in the card which is a double negative, because you have to open a still sealed card for a damaged figure.And lastly the card art isn't great. rather have a restored loose one, they rarely if ever come up for bids when I'm looking.

Yep, unfortunately the Super Joes are just as hard to restore, as they use the same body and joints (actually they are even more of a PITA because the hands always deteriorate along with the joints, so you have to replace them too). If you pick up a broken one, don't expect to put it back together as easily as a T1 Mego. It's not even close!

Loose, professionally restored Super Joes do show up on ebay now and then, but they usually are a bit pricey (eg. the last restored Darkon and Luminos I saw ended up selling for over $100 each). You can at least pick up a Gor and not worry about it because he's made differently and doesn't fall apart (but he still doesn't show up on ebay that often).

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
      Museum Super Collector
      • May 18, 2007

The Super Joe figures are even harder to restring than the muscle body Joes. The parts are smaller and the plastic is harder which means it is harder to seperate without damaging the parts. There also are not any pre-fabricated kits of replacement joints that I know of so you would have to by a set for the muscle Joes and shave them down or bild your own.

If you can't find anyone else to restring your Bulletman, PM me and I will give it a shot. I can't promise perfection but I can assure experience.
      - Sweep

Comment

• Action Burt
        Museum Super Collector
        • Mar 9, 2008

Some good info here...

The Unofficial Action Man HQ Forum - Bullet Man, Tom Stone Restring
        ACTION BURT - Home

Comment

• brineb
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 26, 2006

Wow that's cool, I never had Bulletman and always wanted one ... some day!!!
          I also play with other dolls:
          http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎