Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I can't stand the guy pretending to be Jimmy Olsen. Dude has way too much swagger for Jimmy.
    I didn't buy his whole "I get scared and press my watch" bit.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by The Toyroom
      I can't stand the guy pretending to be Jimmy Olsen. Dude has way too much swagger for Jimmy.
      I didn't buy his whole "I get scared and press my watch" bit.
      Speaking of the watch, I'm guessing Apple (or any of the other myriad wrist computer making companies) must not exist at all in the DCTVverse, 'cause Jimmy's watch looked like something a kid would buy at Toys R Us (and, ironically, will be able to if the show garners any major following)...
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Watched it for the first time last night.

Not bad at all - seems to have a Lois and Clark feel ... which in my personal taste is a good thing

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

So Superman could never defeat that lame garbage can man in all their encounters through the years. But Supergirl does it in just her second round with him? lol...

Calissa Flockhart is so damn annoying, nothing but a poor man's Meryl Streep Devil Wears Prada character.

Jimmy, oops, so sorry, James Olson. I started liking him...but then the third episode came and went, now I don't like him so much anymore. I mean, he just so carelessly gave away Clark Kent's true identity, how lame was that...especially after Kara's stepsister just warned her about being carefully about secrets. Also, I can live with him being the "hunk" with the swagger...but the thing that's annoying me is that he's portrayed as the only true Superman expert, the one who knows everything about him...heck...he seems to have personally witnessed every Superman fight in person every time, it's getting unintentionally funny to me.

But...Melissa Benoit...just too darn adorable...so I'll keep watching, ha..

P.S. Henshaw, please die already...
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            The office "base" was a bit much, and fairly hard to believe. I mean, doesn't Catco have security cameras? I think that's a case where the formula of the other shows just doesn't work.
            The Flash' Star Labs has the worst security ever...Catco is like Forth Nox in comparison...

sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

I'm hoping Maxwell Lord means that they are going to bring in more Justice League International characters. I think Booster and Beetle would fit in this show perfectly.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

Three episodes in...the only character I like on the show is Supergirl. She is just the right amount of sweet and adorable. They can kill off Cat Grant asap she is horrible.
                  Having Henshaw turn out to be The Martian Manhunter would be cool. He did seem to hsve some telepathic abilities by "knowing" Kara's sister was in the building .
                  So far the villains have been lousy. Unfortunately, Supergirl has an even less awesome villain group to choose from than Superman. After Reactron there's what? Black Flame? Luthor's niece? Flash has it made with the Rouges Gallery, Green Arrow just stole a few from Batman. Supergirl looks to maybe be headed to the JLA for foes, but after Max Lord is there really anyone else short of fighting other heroes like fire or ice ? And using more Superman villains like Parasite or Terra Man will just lead to more comparison angst. I think the best choice is to just raid DC history for all the oddball villains, stuff like Mr. 103, or Ultra the Multi Alien, or Chemo. Might be interesting if tge show gets a second zeason to bring in the Legion of Super Heroes. And Streaky the Super Cat!

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Wish my free-on-demand had CBS

For some reason it only has ABC, NBC and Fox

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^I don't think CBS is playing ball with the others. Goes along with being the Old Fart Network, I guess.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

A bit off topic but one thing that did make me laugh --- Jeb Bush was quoted as saying she's hot.

Everybody made a stink because she suppose to be 16 --- in reality I think she's like 27

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

Supergirl on the new show is supposed to be 24 years old.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

This monday episode "How Does She Do It" is not going to shown, instead they are showing Livewire.
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, there was apparently some terrorist activity in the episode that was supposed to be shown tonight so they pulled it because of what happened in Paris

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                                Permanent Member
                                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                                yeah, there was apparently some terrorist activity in the episode that was supposed to be shown tonight so they pulled it because of what happened in Paris
                                I'll take any Supergirl I can get, hopefully there are no spoilers or reveals that come with playing episodes out of order.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎