Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Well I watched theleaked version of the aired version and they are the same and yes they are both good. I do wish they would would have done 1.5 hrs instead of just a hour. I was upset that they just threw away a comic book character as a oneshot, but then Arrow has done the same. Of course I will watch the rest of the season, but I will enjoy watching it. I really hope we get to see Silver Banshee this season.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I actually thought it had potential. But I will pick it apart anyway, because... the Internet...

1. Him/The Big Guy/Kal-El/The Man of Steel. You mean, Superman?!?! Not only was it annoying how they danced around saying the name, but doing it when his presence was *all over* the pilot.

2. So... she is a Kryptonian who longs to help people and do something more with her life. She has seen her cousin in Metropolis be an inspiration for the world. But it takes a near death experience with her sister to realize maybe the way she could help is... by coming a superhero?

3. When she came to Earth, Supes came and got her from her spaceship. So presumably, he also knows about the giant Phantom Zone prison ship that also landed here. I guess he decided it would be a good character building exercise for Kara to leave a bunch of intergalactic super-criminals on the loose?

4, I can accept that she "just knows" how to fly or use her heat vision (even though most incarnations of Superboy/Superman show some sort of process of figuring out those powers). But she never had to fight before. The idea that she could go toe to toe with an equally super powered baddie with virtually zero training was sloppy. After the first fight went poorly, I thought surely we would get some sort of training montage to explain why she would have better luck next time... Something better than "exploding axe".

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I can record four shows at the same time on my X1.

So I recorded Big Bang/Supergirl, Gotham, Love it or Leave it, and a Science Channel program...at the same time. Have not seen any of them yet...I was watching Tomorrowland (Redbox rental).

So I'll get back to you all on my thoughts on Supergirl...

sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

I think it will get better as it goes along( I hope!). The not mentioning Superman's name is Super Annoying...is that a not paying the Siegel heirs thing? Never liked Calista Flockheart ever...and the Hank Henshaw actor is abrasive, but I guess he is supposed to be. With this being the DEO will we see Agent Chase appear. And was that Jemm Son of Saturn on the villain board?
          It's a big stretch to believe that Superman left the Fort Rozz villains run free for a dozen years...and even more so that they stayed out of sight until Supergirl showed up. Rozz must be this show's version of the particle accelerator on Flash.
          If they have sense they'll let the series cross over with thr CW shows. It's a no brainer for ratings really.

Comment

• supes
            For the love of Mego's!
            • Jan 19, 2004

Watched if with my 9 year old daughter we loved it!!!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

I hope this succeeds. As a parent with young girls, it was good to see something we could all watch that they could enjoy. I thought it had an empowerment vibe to it. And I liked the lighter tone. Gotham is fun, but I wouldn't want my kids to watch it. It's violent and a little racy sometimes.

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

I liked it. Give them time. It took Arrow a full season to find its footing.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

I watched the leaked pilot several months back and liked it. Did the broadcast pilot have any differences?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Thought I'd chime back in on the subject. Lest anyone think I want to see Supergirl go down in flames, rest assured that I would love to see her take her place alongside the rest of the DCTVverse. Yes, it took Arrow the better part of its first season to really find its footing, but his character is a somewhat lesser known element of the DC pantheon, plus being on the CW gave it a little wiggle room to grow organically into a decent program. Supergirl, on the other had, while perhaps not as well known as her famous cousin, is still likely a character even non-comics fans are likely familiar with since she does share most of Superman's physical abilities. This means that people are, quite frankly, going to be expecting a lot more from this show upfront (especially the suits at CBS). As one of the big three, CBS is not as liable to give Supergirl the room and space it needs to grow and find its footing if it isn't pulling in the kinds of numbers that I'm sure CBS execs would like to see it pull in. If it doesn't do pretty big numbers out of the gate, you can bet those same suits will be looking at the show as their next tax write off.
                    Last edited by emeraldknight47; Oct 28, '15, 11:02 AM.
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

I totally agree with you Emeraldknight... If Constantine was a CW show we would probably be in the midst of Season 2 enjoying Dr Fate and the Spectre episodes.

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

I liked it. The cast is appealing to me and it was fun and light. I thoughts effects were solid for TV. Like others I agree that if every episode centers around corralling another wayward Kryptonian, the show will get old really fast. And, I get why the show referenced Superman: The Movie so much, but I hope it moves on and develops its own legs. She needs to become more than a Superman clone in her work life. The whole support system trope of her sister and Hank Henshaw talking in her ear has become overused in the Berlanti-produced shows. it works well on Arrow and Flash, but I hope as some point she just tells them to kiss off.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

Supergirl set a fall new series record with 14 million viewers. It came in as the second highest-rated series on Monday night (behind The Big Bang Theory). It had a 3.2 rating among adults 18-49 and was the #1 broadcast show with teens. With those kind of numbers, I am sure it is going to get plenty of support from CBS.

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                            • A little over the top with all of the "your cousin wanted you to..." nonsense. I might have missed it while carving pumpkins but WHERE is he exactly?
                            I may have missed it, too, but I think he's just off being Superman and giving her space. It does seem kind of callous of Superman not giving her more guidance, but if the show isn't going to be able to use Superman more than in silhouette, then I guess it works about as good as anything. I guess sending his best pal to watch out for her is his way of caring.

Really, I hope the references to Superman from here on out are few and far between. If the show is to have legs, it's got to find its on way and not just gender-switch Superman tropes. One of the great things about doing a Supergirl show is that it is kind of a blank slate.

I would like to see a Legion of Superheroes storyline at some point.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                              I totally agree with you Emeraldknight... If Constantine was a CW show we would probably be in the midst of Season 2 enjoying Dr Fate and the Spectre episodes.
                              Amen on that count, brother. I'm really hoping that since ARROW was able to get Constantine for a guest spot, maybe he could become more of a recurring character and could open the door to seeing both the Spectre and Doctor Fate in the CW/DCverse. Constantine was a great show and deserved at least a second season to really get going. Be nice if DC/WB would take a MARVEL approach and talk to either a premium/regular cable channel or one of the streaming networks to see if they'd be interested in Constantine. Personally, I'd love to see Constantine on the CW, quite frankly, 'cause I'd love to see a Constantine/Supernatural crossover....
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by sprytel
                                Supergirl set a fall new series record with 14 million viewers. It came in as the second highest-rated series on Monday night (behind The Big Bang Theory). It had a 3.2 rating among adults 18-49 and was the #1 broadcast show with teens. With those kind of numbers, I am sure it is going to get plenty of support from CBS.
                                This is excellent news and I hope it can maintain it's momentum when it doesn't have THE BIG BANG THEORY as it's lead-in.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎