Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Hey, I love and respect firefighters and all...but come on...Supergirl and Flash can't defeat Silver Banshee and Livewire...but a water hose could?

Excuse me for a second...

Cat figuring out that the Flash was Barry, who she just met. But can't figure Kara is Supergirl. who she sees on an everyday basis?

Excuse me for a second...

Ok, jokes aside...the downer again is this damn bloody "James" Olsen storyline. Dude is pouting throughout the show like a jealous teen...I just can't take that dude. Wish he had been Olsen in the Batman v Superman movie instead...

Oh, almost forgot this major blunder. Silver Banshee punches Supergirl and knocks her down (after her scream was neutralized with earplugs). What am I missing here? Does she have super strength or something?

I'm sorry. This show is soooooooooooo inferior to the Flash, it's not even funny...never thought I'd say this...but I'd rather keep watching samples of Star Labs bad security over Supergirl...which is getting more annoying by the week. Melissa Benoist is the perfect Supergirl...too bad the rest is mostly bad...okay her big sister is HOT...

P.S. Calista Flockhart/Cat getting ready to chow down on that entire box of cupcakes. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

P.S.S. I may actually like Smallville more than Supergirl. Mmm, naaaaaaaaaaahhhh, just kidding...
    Last edited by Hector; Mar 29, '16, 1:02 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Total palette cleanser after Batman v. Superman. Someone should strap Zack Snyder to a chair, prop his eyelids open Clockwork Orange style, and make him watch this over, and over and OVER!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 3, 2009

not seen it yet but would you say this is a fair visual summary lol

by the way i like all kinds of comic book adaptations ,like i like stories foods and jokes , happy sad ,funny serious ,sweet and sour
        Last edited by libby 1957dog; Mar 29, '16, 7:13 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I only caught the tail end of it but it really reaffirmed my enjoyment of Gustin as the Flash.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

Really enjoyed the show. So glad there wasn't a misunderstanding fight between them. Each took the other at their word right off the bat.
            Banshee is magic based which is why she can hit Supergirl without mashing her fingers into paste. Her face paint was weird, though, she looked like Svengoolie. Live Wire needs a costume though.
            And Barry designed a metahuman jail for National City? Better I guess than everyone in glass cages at the DEO, but I hope neither prisoner ever has to pee. Of course the DEO cages are somewhat the same. Same security company contracted out there as at Star Labs. Jimny & Winn waltz in whenever, and Banshee chick just walks around unattended into prisoner holding areas.
            The firefighter who saved Supergirl was the one she saved in the red k episode.
            All in all, pretty good episode. Hope they have Kara go to Barry Earth. Pretty sure Season Two is happening, just hasn't been announced yet.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
              not seen it yet but would you say this is a fair visual summary lol

by the way i like all kinds of comic book adaptations ,like i like stories foods and jokes , happy sad ,funny serious ,sweet and sour
              Pretty darn near perfect! Flash and Supergirl had a definite chemistry together, not romantic, but just fun.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Wolverine1969
                Career Member
                • Apr 7, 2005

Never watched Supergirl but big fan of Flash so watched this episode. Liked it overall but wish they didn't spend so much time on James Olson (really?) and Supergirl having crushes on each other. If that is typical for Supergirl than I think I'll pass.
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Wolverine1969
                  James Olson (really?) and Supergirl having crushes on each other. If that is typical for Supergirl than I think I'll pass.
                  Typical!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

Jimmy Olsen really serves no purpose on the show other than to stand in a group shot acting cool. Winn at least does the techie stuff.
                    Kara knows only those 2 guys and now Barry. Is there no young up and comer guard at the DEO to pair her up with? A Checkmate Agent or Nemesis or such. Send idiot Jimmy back to Metropolis, or at least start mutating him into Giant Turtle Olsen, or Porcupine Olsen, or Wolfboy Olsen.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Glad I'm not alone on the Olsen hate...he's outright the most useless and annoying character in Supergirl.

Has he ever even gone on assignment and taken photos at least? Instead of being on the field, he's strutting like a male Chippendale's model in the office...nothing to do, except for looking so manly cool, and pouting in jealousy to whomever male is talking to Kara. Olsen was jealous of Barry Allen? Seriously???

Dude thinks he's god's gift to women, trying so hard to be super cool and smooth.

I hate the "James" name...at least name him Jimmy friggin Olsen for Christ's sakes....
                      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Hey, I'll take Jimmy (or James here). He's gotta go somewhere after what Snyder has done to him.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                          learning all the time
                          • Sep 15, 2010

It was okay... seemed very rushed, Barry had almost nothing to do except give Cara some advice, and those running side by side shots were beyond cheesy
                          otherwise it was enjoyable.
                          I'm with you on the "James" sucks wagon.
                          Cat HAS to know Cara is Supergirl... maybe she's being smart by not trying to "out" her again, and keep her by her side.
                          I liked the Smallville "blur" reference.
                          And since when are Supergirl/Superman on a different Earth than the Flash?????

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            Hey, I'll take Jimmy (or James here). He's gotta go somewhere after what Snyder has done to him.

Chris
                            Nah, I prefer the dead Olsen of BVS than the living one in Supergirl...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

BTW, I don't remotely consider that a spoiler...Olsen is there at the very beginning, like for 30 seconds, he's also unnamed...and played by an unknown actor...so who cares, lol...
                              sigpic

Comment

• MegoSteve
                                Superman's Pal
                                • Jun 17, 2005

I think you're just jealous that James Olsen gets to smooch Supergirl and you don't!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎