Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

So Cat Grant figured it out...their relationship has now radically changed.
    sigpic

Comment

• Robert_Anthony
      Museum Patron
      • Sep 5, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Good episode. Not as good as last week, but plenty of good stuff.
      Chris
      I would concur on that. Human For A Day...my favorite ep this season. Last night was close to it.

Comment

• kept back
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 2, 2002

Cat has it figured out until she sees "Supergirl" and Kara next to each other. "Supergirl" will come complete with super strength, flight, and "laser" vision. The one giveaway will be that this Maid of Steel's laser vision will be red instead of blue, thanks to "Hank Henshaw."
        Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• kept back
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 2, 2002

Also, does it seem to anyone else that this was used to pitch Supergirl?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kAvKH5-VxMs&feature=youtu.be
          Last edited by kept back; Dec 16, '15, 12:05 PM. Reason: bad link

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Now that we know that -- spoiler alert -- Hank Henshaw is actually Martian Manhunter, TV Line has a scoop about how DC's Mars mythology will play out on the show. According to the site, episode 11 of "Supergirl" will feature the White Martians.

“We have a visitor from another planet who’s a White Martian,” actor David Harewood revealed to the site. “There are two Martian species -- a Green Martian species and a White Martian species -- and the White Martians, in our story, are responsible for the death of the whole of the Green Martians.”

Comic Reel
            I do hope that we will get to see Miss Martain/M'gann M'orzz.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Now that we know that -- spoiler alert -- Hank Henshaw is actually Martian Manhunter, TV Line has a scoop about how DC's Mars mythology will play out on the show. According to the site, episode 11 of "Supergirl" will feature the White Martians.

“We have a visitor from another planet who’s a White Martian,” actor David Harewood revealed to the site. “There are two Martian species -- a Green Martian species and a White Martian species -- and the White Martians, in our story, are responsible for the death of the whole of the Green Martians.”

Comic Reel
              I do hope that we will get to see Miss Martain/M'gann M'orzz.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

I'm finding it so very difficult to watch this show.
                Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jan 5, '16, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I liked the way the wiggled out of the Cat problem. I called it...but not as early as I should have. Classic comic trope.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    I liked the way the wiggled out of the Cat problem. I called it...but not as early as I should have. Classic comic trope.

Chris
                    Yep, you nailed that one, E2C. Guess it was a good thing that Kara found out J'onn was a shapeshifter before the end of the episode, eh?

Enjoyed the episode quite a bit. Not quite as good as the previous two, but it seems like the writers are at least trying to find a comfortable middle ground between subtle comedy and drama. Maybe it's because her character is growing on me, but I found Cat less irritating in this episode and actually somewhat humourous as she was trying to trip Kara up. My biggest grip with her at the moment: her annoying habit of calling Kara "Kira."

They still have General Lane being portrayed as more of a d-bag than he probably needs to be, but I did find his revelation that "The Day The Earth Stood Still" made him frightened.

The aerial battle between Non and Kara was pulled off pretty well for a TV show budget, but they can't really have too much in the way of duration or you'll really start to see the limitations to which the effects budget is being stretched, I'm sure.

The fact that Non and Astra have, what?, at least a dozen Kryptonians under their command would almost certainly call for Clark to step in should they decide to attack en masse, although in Superman II, Clark had a bit of trouble handling three fellow Kryptonians, so I'm not sure how he and Kara would fare against the number currently on earth and working for the Dark Side, so to speak. Think they would definitely need to call in some other, super-powered help such as, of course, The Martian Manhunter. Even so, they would be woefully outnumbered unless the U.S. Army has developed a whole cadre of Kryptonite based weaponry that would leave the Kryptonian vulnerable.

Anyone have any speculations on who the no-name young lady is going to become that's currently in Maxwell Lord's possession? I'm not that "up" on my super lore, so I'm at a loss. We all know by now, however, that characters with eyes that turn all black, are probably not going to be nice people...
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

If what I have been told is true that Supergirl could use the Superman storyline New Krypton:
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• boss
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 18, 2003

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                        I'm finding it so very difficult to watch this show.
                        I was saying the same thing to my dad last week and he mentioned that he felt the same about Wonder Woman in the 70s but that Linda Carter made it worth suffering thru. When Kara wears pants, I understand.
                        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

I just saw Benoist naughty private personal sex pictures...holy smokes...I'm almost shocked she was still hired to play Supergirl...not that I'm complaining myself...it doesn't bother me...but seeing how Supergirl is a role model to women, especially young girls...I guess it's the sign of these times.
                          sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Max's black eyed babe might be Bizarro Supergirl.

Comment

• kept back
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 2, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                              I just saw Benoist naughty private personal sex pictures...holy smokes...I'm almost shocked she was still hired to play Supergirl...not that I'm complaining myself...it doesn't bother me...but seeing how Supergirl is a role model to women, especially young girls...I guess it's the sign of these times.
                              What?! Where'd you see such things?
                              You know...purely for research purposes.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                                Permanent Member
                                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
                                Yeah she didn't leave much for the imagination on Homeland either. I can see why they say the camera adds 20 pounds. Benoist is probably a stick in real life.

But she's right for the part and her past shouldn't haunt her.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎