Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Next weeks episode is going to so great. I still cannot believe they are doing the Black Mercy on a live action tv series and we get to see a young Kal-El.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

One of the best episodes yet. Much like the versions on Superboy and STAS, you really felt for Bizarro.

Anyone notice her "S" was suddenly backwards after she started to decompose?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        One of the best episodes yet. Much like the versions on Superboy and STAS, you really felt for Bizarro.

Chris
        I did notice that, but I had to help my daughter with homework and missed a few minutes of the episode, so I thought maybe they had explained it. Pretty cool, but I would like some pseudo-babble about why it flipped.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

The last couple episodes have really been great!
          I liked the fact that they did away with the Bizarro backwards speak ( Hello for goodbye, hate you for love you). It's confusing and never completly done consistant. Same with the all things opposite rules.
          I'm betting by season end there is a menace so big only Max Lord can help. And that J'onn mindwipes him of the secret id stuff.
          Now we need a little less Cat Grant. She's complex...got it.

Comment

• knight errant00
            8 Inch Action Figure
            • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            Was it? I was in the middle of working out while watching it, and I thought the reverse "S" was only when she looked at herself in the mirror. Kind of one of those fan moments like on Agents of SHIELD when they showed Deathlock on the thermoscope and he had all the metal bits on his face like in the comics.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Nope, it's reversed...I think after she starts to decompose. I double-checked during her later scenes. No explanation other than...Bizarro. But I don't really mind it. It's fun.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Had a chance to watch this week's episode of Supergirl earlier and what I thought could've been a throwaway episode actually had from fairly decent and forward-thrusting events. There was a death I didn't expect and a nice bit of Martian Manhunter action I didn't expect to see, either. There were a couple of genuinely laugh out loud moments when J'onn was forced to assume Kara's identity; "Touch my face and you lose a hand." and "I think I'd rather be back in my prison camp." were classics.

It's been good to see the characters in the show grow as both characters and as actors; it can almost make me forget the extremely painful first few episodes. Guess that's why they are called growing pains. The synergy between the characters now finally feels more organic and less forced so I'm definitely getting a more "FLASH" vibe off of it now. Makes me really hope that Supergirl is indeed a part of the CW/DCverse and not a separate Earth unto itself.
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

Another comic book villain next week: The Master Jailer

“Truth, Justice and the American Way” – Supergirl does battle with the deadly Master Jailer (Jeff Branson), who is hunting and executing escaped Fort Rozz prisoners. Also, Cat hires a second assistant, Siobhan Smythe (Italia Ricci), who immediately tries to one-up Kara, and Kara and James disagree over the DEO’s methods, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Feb. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Okay, more Captain Bringdowm stuff from me, he, he, he...

You'd think a dozen (or more) rogue Kryptonians would easily take over the world. That's 12 Supermen right there.

Supes, Supergirl, and Martian Manhunter would be overwhelmed by them.

What's the problem here?

Why are they hiding...why so secretive?

Also, Supergirl easily beats up Astra's husband? How and why? Not only is he bigger, older, more battle tested and hardened, but is an experienced military man with years of actual combat as well. Kara is small petite woman (not trying to be sexist here, but her frame and muscles are much smaller than his)...and is a friggin secretary for Christ's sakes. She only started combat training like a few months before.

Come on, man...

Last edited by Hector; Feb 17, '16, 6:53 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                      Okay, more Captain Bringdowm stuff from me, he, he, he...

You'd think a dozen (or more) rogue Kryptonians would easily take over the world. That's 12 Supermen right there.

Supes, Supergirl, and Martian Manhunter would be overwhelmed by them.

What's the problem here?

Why are they hiding...why so secretive?

Also, Supergirl easily beats up Astra's husband? How and why? Not only is he bigger, older, more battle tested and hardened, but is an experienced military man with years of actual combat. Kara is small petite woman, and a friggin secretary for Christ's sakes. She only started combat training like a few months before.

Come on, man...

I've thought the same thing. The one thing that might be used as an explanation is that Superman and even Kara have had their powers and gotten used to them for years and the escaped Kryptonians are still getting used to having the powers. Not much of an explanation but it's the best I can come up with.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by magyar1964
                        I've thought the same thing. The one thing that might be used as an explanation is that Superman and even Kara have had their powers and gotten used to them for years and the escaped Kryptonians are still getting used to having the powers. Not much of an explanation but it's the best I can come up with.
                        The only flaw to that theory is that apparently Fort Rozz crashed the same time as Kara's ship, so the Kryptonians on board have had as much time as Kara to absorb yellow sun radiation and hone their new skills. Agree that, by now, they basically should have the human race enslaved. Willing suspension of disbelief, I'm guessing....
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Maybe wearing the nice Supergirl suit makes her stronger...

sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

And aren't there also non Kryptonian villains among the Rozz prisoners? I think they should have limited the Rozz thing to being single escapees from the Phantom Zone now & again, but they were already commited to the same breach plot on Flash. But they felt they needed a big threat to justify the wholevDEO place. Hard to believe Superman never fought any villains in the 10 years Kara was hangingvout that didn't require such a facility.
                            It does sort of destroy the whole premise of the DC Batman vs. Superman movie as I get it from the previews...Batman seeking to stop Superman because he's a powerful alien that could take over the world. Guess not, as an elite military team of a dozen Kryptonians hasn't managed jack squat in 10 years. And the few times they've tried anything a newbie hero beat them. Their leader got killed by a human with a knife.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Exactly ^^^^^^^^^

sigpic

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

Astra was killed using a Kryptonite laced Katana much like the one that was used in Superman/Batman #47 that was used by the Last Line.
                                Last edited by monitor_ep; Feb 18, '16, 5:41 PM.
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎