Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I have been saying since Supergirl was in talks that this WILL happen in time for the May sweeps.

Supergirl & Flash would indeed make a great team-up and I would love to see Supergirl and Constantine team-up to go against Silver Banshee.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I so want to see season 2 of Legends to include some of the characters from Supergirl.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

I have been thoroughly enjoying this show and it is a show that my daughter and son can watch with me. I hope CBS really gives it a full run.
          It's all good!

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Picked up for a full season

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

Good to hear its getting a full season.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

I didn't think too much of tonight's episode. No spoilers, but the characters seemed rather stupid in the episode. I don't know if it's the character, the actor or both but I've had enough of Max Lord. At least Melissa Benoist continues to be good.

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I liked the Red Tornado effects but the makeup kinda reminded me of this guy

General Lane's character had bad dialogue and was a one dimensional character, lousy acting too but nothing to work with I guess?

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

I really had a problem with Red Tornado. Loved the SFX but hated the costume.

Is it me or does this seem more like Smallville season one with the choppy writing? I think they used the D.E.O. to early. I can see introducing them in at the earliest during the second half of season one. No wonder this series cost so much, you have D.E.O. headquaters, CatCo., Kara apt, and Team Supergirl base are just too much in the first season.
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• knight errant00
                      8 Inch Action Figure
                      • Nov 15, 2005

I just want to know why you'd cover a high-tech battle android in burlap.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I think the Red Tornado episode was the second best one of the series, after the first debut episode...we finally got a pi*ssed off Supergirl...which I dug.
                        sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by knight errant00
                          I just want to know why you'd cover a high-tech battle android in burlap.
                          LOL! My thinking exactly!
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

I want to like this series, I really, really, really do, but the writers and actors in the show (with the exception of the wonderful Ms. Benoist) are making it hard to do so.

The Red Tornado episode was okay at best, with its climax being Supergirl blasting away at an android (who technically should've melted into slag within a few seconds), but, from the final scene, presumably draining her solar batteries so low, she's able to be cut by a piece of glass.

Plot holes in this episode were big enough to drive a truck through (yeah, let's let a lone agent without any backup go into a basement to find a dude who's controlling a killer android) and the acting, omigod, the acting!! Some of it was just borderline vaudevillian, with General Lane's acting and lines being some of the worst I've ever actually seen. I mean, come on, here's a guy who's been in the military most of his life and he's actually stupid enough to face down said killer android and wag his finger at him saying "You disengage right now!" Right. That's like backing yourself into an alleyway with a rabid dog and pointing at the dog and saying "Bad dog! You stop acting like a rabid animal!" You know what that's going to get you? Probably a good biting from the dog.

And I'm not sure that even the writers of this show know where the hell they're pulling their inspiration from regarding Superman and the Kryptonian mythology. I mean, at first, I thought they were more going to be pulling from Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh's Supermen, but the way the people act on this show, like they're just waiting anytime for Superman (or Supergirl) to go south and become a monster tells me they seem to be leaning a lot more towards the events in Man of Steel and they neither trust nor like Superman no matter how many times he pulls earthlings fat out of the fire! I guess my views regarding the "Big Blue Boyscout" are a little skewed by my age, but I remember when Superman (and his various relatives) were celebrated as heroes and people cheered him/them on rather than either cower in abject fear of their abilities or carry a grudge against them simply due to the fact that they ARE aliens.

They've at least toned down Hank Henshaw and are keeping what or who he really is a mystery. The subplot about Kara's earth-father, Dean Cain, is fairly transparent since no one really knows what happened to him and especially since he was accompanied on his "mission" by whatever or whomever Hank Henshaw is. Dean Cain will, of course, turn up in some way, shape or form either down the road near the season's end or as a cliffhanger for the second season (provided there is one).

Since Supergirl is supposed to exist in the same universe as The Flash and Arrow, why not also incorporate some of the more pedestrian elements of that universe into Supergirl? I'd be happy to see a "Big Belly" burger pop up or even have Kara (which, why does Kat call her "Kira"?) pick up Kat's coffee from a CC Jitters. Would be a nice nod to a unified universe.
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I agree with just about all the things you wrote ^^^^^

But like you said, Benoist is incredibly likable.

I did say it was the second best episode...well...because the rest have been really poor...so I had no choice, lol.

And please...can the writers finally end this Kara puppy love for Olson? It's becoming quite comical now.

But man, that last fight scene where Supergirl finally blasts Red Tornado...that was fantastic...that alone was worth the one hour long tedious watch...Benoist showed some amazing raw emotional grit here...I though it was fantastic. For those who didn't see that part...here's my iPad video footage off my TV...

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 3, 2009

thanks for posting hector ,
                                im reminded of that line from the last episode of walking dead
                                "some day this pain will be useful to you "
                                i look forward to watching the whole thing later

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎