Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Next set to be solicited will be.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

The Next set to be solicited will be.....

Although there was nothing Marvel related on display at last weekend’s New York Comic Con that we haven’t seen before, sources that attended last Sunday’s Diamond Select Toys panel tell us the subject of the ReMego line was not only broached in the question period but also the name of the set to be released…Read more →
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

look foreward to seeing pics wonder if it will be the red outfit & the early yellow one.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Awesome!

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

With the popularity of the Netflix series, I think that makes sense.

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Sadly, No interest in this character choice either.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by sprytel
            With the popularity of the Netflix series, I think that makes sense.
            I think they are catering to the wrong audience. If your target audience is the young people that are into the daredevil show or some of these newer characters like deadpool, the problem will be that they don't care about Mego figures.

The one thing FTC does right is that they are targeting the Mego Nostalgic fanbase, which is the group of people that will actually buy the sets (and any other Mego-ish product for that matter). If the Mego nostalgic fanbase doesn't care about the character choices then you will see a lot of these sets sold later in clearance type situations.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

I'm confused, he's the Marvel Mego equivalent of Hawkman, passed over in the WGSH despite having some comic presence at the time.

Yes he has a hit series and a big fan base now but he definitely appeals to children of the 1970s, he was in Twinkie ads for crap's sake!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                The Packaging King
                • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                I'm confused, he's the Marvel Mego equivalent of Hawkman, passed over in the WGSH despite having some comic presence at the time.

Yes he has a hit series and a big fan base now but he definitely appeals to children of the 1970s, he was in Twinkie ads for crap's sake!
                In my mind, Daredevil was always the Marvel equivalent of The Flash. Both monthly favorites of mine in the mid 70s.
                Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                  In my mind, Daredevil was always the Marvel equivalent of The Flash. Both monthly favorites of mine in the mid 70s.
                  Even better although I refrained from that because the Flash has a lot of cartoon appearances under his belt but I guess so did Hawkman. I'll go sit down now.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

Yeah, Daredevil has Netflix series Punisher will appear on also. Want those 2. Still not familiar with Deadpool. Spidey 2099 is supposed to have other Spidey costumes hopefully the black one.

4 sets a year is not enough. Need at least 6. Too many good Marvel characters! And we still need a female and a villain!

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Even better although I refrained from that because the Flash has a lot of cartoon appearances under his belt but I guess so did Hawkman. I'll go sit down now.
                      I think they were pretty much equal in regards to appearances through Filmation and Challenge of the SuperFriends although Flash had that Season 1 SF appearance much like GA and Plastic Man.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

I wish they would hurry up with Thor

Comment

• pmwasson
                          Maker
                          • Sep 12, 2007

I'd love a well made Daredevil and can't wait. I'm pretty sure the yellow costume will be included, even though it wasn't in the comics very long, since it is pretty iconic being in the first issue.
                          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

When does Thor arrive to Midgard?

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

While I applaud DST/EMCE and FTC for making a wide range of characters that weren't in Mego form, I also realize they and I differ
                              as to what Characters should be made. Their primary goal is of course to (a) make figures that will sell (todays fan favorites) and (b) make figures that
                              they can create cheaply.( thus the variants)

Personally as a kid I would have been glad to have both Hawkman and DD, but also Black Vulcan, MS. Marvel, Wonder Man, The Red Skull, Loki, Magneto, Batroc, Green Lantern, Flash, Darkseid, Firestorm, , Catwoman, Scarecrow, Sinestro, Captain Cold, Luke Cage, Black Lightning, Cat-Man, Spider-Woman, Dr. Strange, Black Canary, Mary Marvel, The Frightful Four, Dr. Doom, Hobgoblin, Iceman, Firestar, Sivana, Baron Blitzkrieg, Count Vertigo, and Dr. Double X. Some of these have been produced and I'm grateful... and I've come to terms that the others will all be on me to customize.....
                              Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                              https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎