Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mold-A-Rama Blow Mould Frankensteins

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    There's a guy who restores these...I want to say he's in Chicago.
    https://news.wttw.com/2019/09/26/sto...uvenir-machine

In 2011, the company changed its name from the William A. Jones Co. to Mold-A-Rama Inc. and moved out of the Jones house into an office on 31st Street in Brookfield. They also have a mechanical warehouse in Lyons where machines are repaired.
    https://www.rblandmark.com/News/Arti...rookfield-Zoo/

Quote Originally Posted by samurainoir View Post
    I vividly recall these machines at Universal Studios in California as a kid.
    I remember them at Universal Studios and also at the Griffith Park Observatory.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Images
    I would love to get a Frankenstein and a Jack O' Lantern from Universal Florida. But part of the fun is getting it in person...and I think I'll pass until all the pandemic is finally over.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images

Oh wow, that second article has a pic of my gorilla with an alligator?!? I never saw that at that the zoo!

Our machine was real limited and built more like a typical standing dispenser. Gorilla, Lion, Elephant and Giraffe. I had gotten them all at different times. The Giraffe neck never held up, literally.

I specifically made a pilgrimage to Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa years ago to give Mold-A-Rama offerings in order to secure a couple sacred rhinos.

Images
    I love these things...

Last year when I was in Vegas I went to the Pinball Machine Hall of Fame. It's well off the strip by the way. My youngest son and I had a blast there, ton's of Pinball machines, older, newer tons of different things. One thing I was drawn to was the Mold A Rama that actually came from Disneyland. I pumped it full of quarters and got a piping hot Donald Duck to take home.

The St. Louis Zoo used to have one of these and I can remember getting a gorilla from that one. Also the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry used to have one that would spit out a German U-Boat, U-505.

Here's a picture of the one at the Pinball Hall of Fame.

I wouldn't mind getting one of these. I'll probably never set foot in Florida in my lifetime, but there's always ebay.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Fever J, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman)

Images
    Blog Entries
    Where were they sold at Griffith park?

Quote Originally Posted by glimpy View Post
    Where were they sold at Griffith park?
    Remember them being on a paved path outside the observatory, near a snack shop.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

I have a damaged Gorilla from the St. Louis Zoo that I hope to upgrade one day.Cool figure! It came with a Big Jim collection I bought. Mine from the grade school field trip never made it home. Good news though I now know I have a Pluto figure from Disney Mold a Rama machine!