X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Just toying around... WIP

Here is my rendition of a custom Mego Star Trek Transporter room. Keep in mind that I am just starting to dabble a bit with customs and this is a WIP. I am not necessarily trying to reinvent the wheel here as I have seen some custom transporters for sale that look very nice. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to buy one of those before I was S*canned from EvilBay. In fact I had actually been working on this (that is if you want to call it work) more like dabbling with this before those custom transporters came up for sale. I am not trying to take anyone's credit away. I am just merely giving you an idea of how long I have been dabbling with this little project off and on. Lots of work that still needs to be done though of course. This is no where near completed or perfected by any means. In fact it will probably change a lot more before it is actually done no doubt. I just wanted to share some of my stuff to let some of you guys/gals know that even I play around with my action figures from time to time as I do have loose figures as well as carded in my collection. The main thing that is neat about mine (or so I like to think anyway) is that I have a button to press that plays the recorded transporter engergizer sound when pressed. This "energize" sound effects button gives the transporter the full effect of transporting Kirk and his crew to and from their next mission. The main reasoning for this not being actually completed is 1) I like the original Star Trek alot and probably seen just about every episode as a kid. Having said that I have not watched the shows again recently enough to remember what the actual transporter room physically looks like to be all technical about how it is supposed to look. 2) I have some other open projects that have been in the works as well for a while. The POTA and recently a Batman Batvan that I basically am toying around with. 3) Last but certainly not least I have a girl friend that does not appreciate the time that I spend with my toys and not with her as much. The bottom line is I have to keep momma happy or no one is happy. When I feel like toying around with some of my projects I will work on one for a while and then maybe switch off to doing something else. It all depends on my mood and how I feel and basically what I want to do at that time. Ok enough of the blah, blah as most of you guys and gals could probably care less about my personal life and how I spend my time so with a further a due here a some pics. I will upload more and update this as I add the pictures to my new photo bucket account. I hope that others appreciate the fun of this and maybe even get or give an idea or two.

Last edited by livnxxxl; Apr 6, '08, 2:15 AM.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Looks great, the sound is a nice touch
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• monkey tennis
      "Kiss my face."
      • Jun 8, 2007

They look great, like the (cannon fodder) Staff in red that are obviously going to die.
      "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Cool, I can't wait to see it finished!
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• livnxxxl
          • Oct 23, 2007

Thank you everyone for the nice comments so far. As a custom newbie I really do appreciate your support and kind comments.

Comment

• livnxxxl
            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by monkey tennis
            Staff in red that are obviously going to die.
            That is funny as that was the same thing that I was thinking when I was setting the display up for the pictures.

Comment

• spiderrogue
              new mego-er
              • Feb 3, 2008

poor poor red shirted guys....they lived long..well..maybe not...

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

Awesome! I am sure David Soul would have been an interesting candidate for a cannon fodder red shirt.
                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• QDOGG
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 13, 2007

Wow! Thats a really cool transporter room in progress. Man seems like everyone on the forums is building a custom display set! Guess I gotta get my butt in gear

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Is that a new trend--custom displays?

Congrats, Livxxxls--the transporter room is looking mighty spiffy.
                    Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• livnxxxl
                      • Oct 23, 2007

Thanks to everyone that have commented and have recently commented. I really do appreciate the nice comments.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                        • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by jessica
                        Is that a new trend--custom displays?

Congrats, Livxxxls--the transporter room is looking mighty spiffy.
                        For me personally I thought I would go with a custom display since you pretty much have the custom figure market all "sewed" up so to speak.

Thank you for the nice comment. You and some of the other custom gurus here was my inspiration to get into doing the "custom thang" as I like to call it. I am definitely not up to Jessica speed though by far that is for sure. "Maybe" in a couple of years or say like 10 or so. I really do enjoy seeing all of your neat work. Your work unlike mine is very nice and you always make something totally cool!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Pretty cool, so far. Like the sound effect idea.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• livnxxxl
                            • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Pretty cool, so far. Like the sound effect idea.
                            Thanks. The sound effects is cool. I like pressing the button to hear the energize sound of the transporter. Now IF I could only get the figures to actually disolve and reappear on another display. Now that would really be cool!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎