Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSupergirl
    • Jul 21, 2014

Question for more knowledgeable people

I like to combine similar lines to try to capture the magic of DC and Marvel that we had during the Mego days. I love the FTC DC figures and I have the Cap and Spidey figures, but I want more than those two Marvels to be part of my FTC figures. How do the Famous Cover Marvel figures from years back measure up with the FTC figures? Are they larger, smaller, or just the right size? How do the Mattel re-megos measure up with FTC's figures? I apologize if this has been asked before now and I missed that discussion. Thanks!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Famous Covers are taller, and really don't mesh well with the style. The mattel stuff is the right size, but need body transplants so they can stand.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Famous Covers are larger (9 inch rather than 8 inch).

Mattel Retro Action are in scale, with a similar but uniquely designed 8" body.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Erm... what he said. Guess I took too long to type my reply.

Comment

• MegoSupergirl
          • Jul 21, 2014

Thanks for the info, guys. That will save me some money trying to find a plethora of Marvel characters to go with my FTC Figures. I really wish they could get the Marvel license as well as DC.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I picked up a Mattel retro Lex Luthor and switched it to a Mego GA body (green hands) head and clothes
            fitted fine, It stands nicely, so much better and got a custom window box for it.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎