X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

It's hard to process what happened.

When you look at the angle they chose....you can see nothing specific.

You know Nicholas is in top of him, but even then, parts of him are exposed. So one hand, we're given a possible out, but on the other, the producers could have done it so G couldn't move. He's got a corpse on top of him.

But yet, anyone else whose bit it they show some direct contact. He has been on set, and supposedly we got three episodes before we get some resolution.

As for Rick, man, they resolved that Wolves issue real quick. If Enid was a member, she should have been shot outside the camper.

So Enid could be the connection to Hilltop, or maybe she is a Whisperer. Whisperers could be how Glen survives. If Glen wasn't already spotted on set, it would be awesome to bring him back a season later as a Whisperer.

Ya know, it's crazy but if only one or two Alexandrians survive, it really can be seen as Rick's Crew fault. I remember Darryl gets abducted in the comic.

Lindelof was on Talking Dead crapping on the idea of burning them. Couldn't explain why it was a bad idea, but obvious he's been marinating in fan venom, blaming them for his constant strike outs.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I think if Glen really does somehow survives it would make everybody temporarily happy but it would diminish the show in the long run.

Gone would be the ANYONE CAN DIE premise.

Without that premise the show would be way too tame and predictable

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

I did note while I was watching the second time through was Glen' head seemed to be close to the bottom of the dumpster. I think he is still alive but may be just hopeful thinking on my part.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I do kinda like the idea of slithering under the dumpster while their eating the other guy.

Glen is lanky enough to possible do it.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey
            I do kinda like the idea of slithering under the dumpster while their eating the other guy.

Glen is lanky enough to possible do it.
            Ok, but then what? I would think the zombies would crawl after him from all directions.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              Ok, but then what? I would think the zombies would crawl after him from all directions.
              Well, if it's anything like my dumpster it's all rusted out on the bottom.

Glenn could probably kick out a hole and slide on up into the dumpster.

Then (since the dumpster's on wheels) he could Flintstone car it right past them all

If they do it that way I hope they remember the Benny Hill music

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                valar morghulis
                • Mar 8, 2005

Watching the clip again, I see no conceivable way Glenn survives other than "shenanigans", as Lindelof said disparagingly on Talking Dead..

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Then (since the dumpster's on wheels) he could Flintstone car it right past them all

HAHA!! Well, that would be a nutty episode! I imagine it Robot Chicken style.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

The garbage bin is surrounded by concrete on all sides except the front. They could crawl under there if they see him but if he is covered in blood, they may not notice.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

i think he will be in some flashback moments and then show up as a walker and Maggie will have to kill him

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

From Hollywood Reporter interview with Gimple

Is Glenn dead? How soon will his "death" be addressed?

We saw what we saw onscreen. I had an innocuous statement on Talking Dead that said it better than I can say it here. [His "death" will be addressed] this half-season. I'd say sooner rather than later. We're ripping through this season pretty damn quick. People will know pretty damn quick. Even getting into the thematics, it tips it one way or the other.

What can you say about the next time we'll see Glenn?

We will see Glenn, some version of Glenn or parts of Glenn, again, either in flashback or in the current timeline. We will complete the story. That's the important thing. That's what people are feeling, and it will be this half of the season.

When you say "complete the story," do you mean Glenn's current arc with Nicholas or his entire character journey?

That's where I must be ambiguous.

If he is, indeed, alive, how might this change him? This is a character who has never killed a human before.

On the show, the fact that Glenn has never killed a human before has been a very quiet but big part of his character in my mind. If he were alive, how would this change his character? We have a little time to think about that. I shouldn't speculate one way or the other.

If this is indeed reality and not some sort of hallucination, is there any way he can get out of this?

Everything onscreen we see is information for the viewer one way or the other.

That said, is there a world in which any of these theories, including that Nicholas is checked out and this is some sort of hallucination, are correct?

Some of those theories could be correct. I read all sorts of things about this, and some of it is right and some of it is wrong. But I love that people are this passionate and engaged and are looking at this like a CSI thing. It's incredible. But back to Nicholas: He did put a gun to his head. We did hear a trigger go off and we saw a lot of blood go. I'm a lot more comfortable saying Nicholas is dead.

But you won't say definitively about Glenn.

I can only go with what's onscreen.

Game of Thrones is very likely faking out its audience with Jon Snow's "death." What do you guys have to gain from doing the same with Glenn? What do you want the audience to feel or learn from this episode?

Everything that has been going on this season — and we've only seen three episodes so far — everything is part of a greater story for these characters. Everything. No matter what happens to these characters — any of these characters — it's not like, "This thing happened and we'll figure out what it means." We mapped these characters' lives out and we map their deaths out. Sometimes those deaths can be meaningless in as much as how abrupt they can be and how harsh they can be and how they haven't been built to. Sometimes we do build to these deaths. But even the things that happen outside of life and death — the things these characters do, the choices they make — all of it is a piece of telling this story of this world and these people.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 29, 2007

It just feels like the story was more about Nicholas than Glenn... That just seems to defy the fact that Glenn died in this episode. I just don't think he will be confirmed dead until he has had his "tribute" episode.

Add to that that he wasn't on the couch on Talking Dead (where dead characters go to talk about their time on the show), and he wasn't acknowledged in the memorium segment either. And too, no one will come out and say he's dead. If he was dead, would they be so coy?

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

I think he wont return
                            Last edited by Mikey; Oct 27, '15, 3:22 AM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 3, 2009

this is genius mikey lol
                              just reposted your post on the sideshow boards lol ,should give them food for thought ,full credit given lol

and saw these posts and it seemed that this could be a possibility

Maybe.....

Another distinct possibility is that the cowardly Nicholas was hallucinating the entire sequence of events at the moment when the duo stood atop the dumpster as he mentally zones out, meaning neither of them are on death's door.

Credit here http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...nn-dead-834490
                              Remember when Nicholas was running through the woods with the group and he zoned out ? this could be a possibility.
                              They can easily pop up back on camera next episode with them both standing on the dumpster still alive and that was just an Hallucination
                              Been waiting to post this exact thing........this is whats happening.

You will notice that Glenn is being very Un glenn like after leaving the pet store. He is FOLLOWING Nicholas, even taking orders from him. This is not Glenn's personality at all.

What we see is Nicholas seeing what could happen if he follows his old cowardly ways. The cost of another life that will be his fault. The entire sequence is filmed as a dream or hallucination .

What we will see is Nicholas become a self less person and sacrifice himself to SAVE Glenn. Dispelling his previous self and the death of Noah but finally becomeing a brave person. Which is why he says Thank You......

Better to die a hero than a coward.

guess we will find out sooner or later but personally im with mikey lol

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

I'm guessing they'll go and look for Glenn, and run into Walker Glenn. This may also be how Maggie gets killed. I see no way how he could have survived without making it look like a fake cliffhanger.

Wow, I asked for more walker action, "be careful what you wish for, I guess...
                                What an episode. I'm really sorry to see Glenn go. He was the unsung "rock" of the show, always helping out, always risking himself to save others. I'm actually feeling pretty sad about it. A real kick in the gut.
                                They also highlighted Rick's hand injury, so I'm sure they'll do something with that. Doesn't he lose his hand in the comic?
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎