Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Yes, what a great episode! I think this is the first time I have ever felt that humans could be a scary as monsters on tv. The way they pursued the Alexandrians at blinding fast speed was fantastic. How can you not love Carol??
    One question to other members, didnt the girl in Carl' house (sorry, I forgot her name) start to explain she is one of them? Doesnt she say something along the lines of "That is how we got in..." and then Carl cuts her off? I thought she was going to stab him and I thought we were supposed to feel that tension. But, they didnt touch on that at all in Talking Dead.
    Also, the backpack that Wolf guy had actually belonged to Aaron which they revealed on Talking Dead and I thought it belonged to the Wolves and indicated some or all of them were exiled former members of Alexandria.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Yes, what a great episode! I think this is the first time I have ever felt that humans could be a scary as monsters on tv. The way they pursued the Alexandrians at blinding fast speed was fantastic. How can you not love Carol??
      One question to other members, didnt the girl in Carl' house (sorry, I forgot her name) start to explain she is one of them? Doesnt she say something along the lines of "That is how we got in..." and then Carl cuts her off? I thought she was going to stab him and I thought we were supposed to feel that tension. But, they didnt touch on that at all in Talking Dead.
      Also, the backpack that Wolf guy had actually belonged to Aaron which they revealed on Talking Dead and I thought it belonged to the Wolves and indicated some or all of them were exiled former members of Alexandria.
      Very excellent episode and Carol is amazing!

I think Enid the girl, is one of the Wolves, she started to say something and didn't get to finish it. Also it was obvious she was leaving, and the other boy saw her with Carl and opted to not take refuge with them even though Carl saved him.

That bag was Aaron's, he carried it with him when he was scouting for other people to bring to Alexandria. He left it behind when him and Daryl got stuck in that car inside the fence with all of those walkers and Morgan saved them. The Wolves came back to their trap and found it later.
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

I'm just not sure whether Enid is a Wolf or not. There are many issues to weigh as far as is she or isn't she?

She watched her parents die a gruesome death and that would leave one hell of a psychological scar on a person. Would it be enough to allow her to lose her morals and humanity and fall in with the Wolves? We have no frame of reference to fall back on as far as exactly how long she was out in the world alone, but we do know that she definitely adopted the mantra "Just Survive Somehow" in order to, well, survive. Would she go so far as to join up with a basically feral group of scavengers in order to "just survive somehow"?

The scene of her outside Alexandria was intentionally made to be very ambivalent, especially with the hesitation she shows towards approaching the gate. Is she feeling hesitancy and/or guilt about leading the Wolves to another community or is she simply afraid of getting too involved with people and losing them again?

If she is indeed a Wolf, evidently she was left unscarred to allow her to more easily infiltrate communities that the Wolves wanted to pillage

If she is not a Wolf, we STILL have no frame of reference as to how long she was out there or how much of the Wolves and their tactics she has seen. We know the Wolves are responsible for the destruction of Noah's community; did Enid witness this and knew that, inevitably, the Wolves would come for Alexandria, as well? Perhaps that is what brought her comment out about Alexandria being too large to protect and having too many blind spots.

Lots of questions. Hopefully the answers will be forthcoming...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Great episode...Carol is one baddarse mama....Morgan is too, but lacks Carol's executioner's drive...until the last kill, lol.
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

I think this episode demonstrated that Carol and Morgan are flip sides of the same coin, one realizing the world is a hostile place that must be met with deadly and deliberate force and the other making perhaps the same realization, but struggling to hold on to the very thing that makes him human.

Carol is woman evolved from a victim into a fighter and she's very intent on never being a victim again, whether it be human, Wolf or zombie.

Morgan is coming from a situation that is, as the saying goes, the same but different, having had to kill his son because he could not bring himself to kill his undead wife in the first place. Morgan was definitely on the verge of going bats**t crazy in "Clear," but is now, at least on the surface, serene and desperately attempting to hold on to his humanity.

Carol kills, but it is definitely not without remorse or, at the very least, it is with delayed remorse. I think she feels everyone human that she has to kill, but she knows that those deaths must occur in order to keep herself and those around her from becoming victims.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

Originally posted by drquest

That bag was Aaron's, he carried it with him when he was scouting for other people to bring to Alexandria. He left it behind when him and Daryl got stuck in that car inside the fence with all of those walkers and Morgan saved them. The Wolves came back to their trap and found it later.
              Thanks! I must have missed it. I wanted to catch the Enid part again but I missed it on the second viewing. Did you guys see the "A" that was on that porch where Carol was sitting with the smokes? She looked right at it. I missed that in the first viewing. Was that where she had done the mercy killing of the lady that had been severely wounded? Did that have any meaning or is yet to revealed?
              I thought Morgan had walked into the house with the armory at the end and might be pulling back the door to get shot. I was on the edge of my seat.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Anybody else mute the show during the truck horn

It was so annoying

Comment

• drquest
                  ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                  • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  Thanks! I must have missed it. I wanted to catch the Enid part again but I missed it on the second viewing. Did you guys see the "A" that was on that porch where Carol was sitting with the smokes? She looked right at it. I missed that in the first viewing. Was that where she had done the mercy killing of the lady that had been severely wounded? Did that have any meaning or is yet to revealed?
                  I thought Morgan had walked into the house with the armory at the end and might be pulling back the door to get shot. I was on the edge of my seat.
                  I noticed the A and wondered about it, again, points at Enid being an infiltrator. I kept expecting her to stick a knife into Carl when his back was turned. Obviously if I thought that, the writers were pursuing that feeling, which means she probably isn't a wolf

I thought Morgan was going to get shot by the lady in the armory as well, the one Carol told to shoot anyone coming through the door....

Good episode!
                  Last edited by drquest; Oct 19, '15, 10:16 AM.
                  Danny(Drquest)
                  Captain Action HQ
                  Retro shirts and stuff
                  More retro shirts
                  Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Iron Mego
                    Wake Up Heavy
                    • Jan 31, 2010

Not finished watching yet, but this is a great episode!
                    Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

IIRC the A is something the abused boy used to mark people with meaning they were apart of the city. He did it to Rick when they first arrived. I think it was to play off the W on Carol's head, which she starts wiping off as in she wasn't trying to lose herself.

Morgan's a dead man. I wonder if he really killed that last Wolf. It's implied, but without seeing the body on WD, you don't know.

A number of things are covering parts of the most current Dead comics. Enid is paralleling this girl who travels with the Whisperers so I think they're mashing a few storyline aspects. As they've already mentioned whispering zombies it would be really crazy if the mega-herd crossed with the Whisperers.

And Carl is losing an eye. They really played up that foreknowledge last night so it's coming.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

I wondered too if they are bringing the Whisperers in or just setting them up for next season. I fully expect the mid season finale to introduce Negan, and maybe wrap that storyline up by the end of the year? I could see that the tv producers might want to just get caught up to the comics then just go their own way. I really cant see the tv show doing the jump in time like the comics, and I'm really not looking forward to Ezekial and his tiger being on tv.
                        I fully loved Carol in combat mode, but I'm already tired of Morgan and his "Kung Fu " philosophy. The wolves weren't just taking lives, these guys were brutally killing the Alexandrians....what's the deal with the chopping off limbs etc.?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                          I fully loved Carol in combat mode, but I'm already tired of Morgan and his "Kung Fu " philosophy.The wolves weren't just taking lives, these guys were brutally killing the Alexandrians....what's the deal with the chopping off limbs etc.?
                          I, too, loved seeing Carol going all medieval on the Wolves. She is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Morgan will hopefully snap out of his zen state and reacquaint himself that, in this world, "kill or be killed" is an much a mantra as "just survive somehow."

As for the Wolves, I've never read any of TWD books, so I know nothing about them, but I think what Alfred said to Bruce in "THE DARK KNIGHT" would be most apropos to the Wolves and their leader..."Some people just want to watch the world burn."

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                            I wondered too if they are bringing the Whisperers in or just setting them up for next season. I fully expect the mid season finale to introduce Negan, and maybe wrap that storyline up by the end of the year? I could see that the tv producers might want to just get caught up to the comics then just go their own way. I really cant see the tv show doing the jump in time like the comics, and I'm really not looking forward to Ezekial and his tiger being on tv.
                            I fully loved Carol in combat mode, but I'm already tired of Morgan and his "Kung Fu " philosophy. The wolves weren't just taking lives, these guys were brutally killing the Alexandrians....what's the deal with the chopping off limbs etc.?
                            I agree about the time-jump. If it happens, it will be drastic, like adult Judith. I can't see Lincoln and Reedus hanging around for more than another three seasons. The comic reads like a Road Warrior sequel written by Craven.

Hilltop has been cast. Supposedly, they have Neegan but are keeping it on double-secret probation. Set speculation is he's not met until the end of the season.

I totally forgot the train-car/episode in Terminus was marked with an A. It would make sense if the Saviors were the ones who overran Terminus and when they lost control, Neegan outcast those responsible and they became the Wolves. Unless it's a Lost thingee with coincidence.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

I liked the fact that Carl saved the oven dish. Eating well is important.
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• megoapesnut
                                The name says it all!
                                • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                                I liked the fact that Carl saved the oven dish. Eating well is important.
                                The timer going off for the food kinda gives you an idea how quickly all of that happened from beginning to end.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎