Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

It just boggles my mind that these clustered pockets of civilization...these little town fortresses spread out...are able to exist rather easily through the zombie apocalypse. But not the military? Please. You can bet your life that in an actual zombie world...the ones who would thrive the best would be in fact the military. The creators and producers of the show have no clue how proficient armed forces are...especially the American military.

Having said that, I suspend disbelief...and just enjoy the show...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Imagine small elite military units such as the Navy SEALS, Delta Force, Green Berets, Force Recon, 75th Ranger Regiment, MARSOC, etc...they would decimate Rick, the Governor, and Negan's groups in no time...

A look at the dizzying array of the U.S. military's special forces, whose skills can be extraordinary

Please...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
        For the past episode I find it hard to believe they were able to build that Fort Courage like telephone pole wall -- even if they had a utility pole auger at their disposal
        I was laughing when I saw those idiots actually trying to go toe-to-toe with Rick's armed group...with spears, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
          Imagine small elite military units such as the Navy SEALS, Delta Force, Green Berets, Force Recon, 75th Ranger Regiment, MARSOC, etc...they would decimate Rick, the Governor, and Negan's groups in no time...

A look at the dizzying array of the U.S. military's special forces, whose skills can be extraordinary

Please...

well, where are all those guys? Eating brains somewhere. Looks like the military was overwhelmed everywhere. There does have to be some sort of creepy special ops govt group in a bunker somewhere, tho.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            well, where are all those guys?
            Ask the hipster writers...
            sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

SPOILER for last nite's ep..

So, on the word of a couple Hilltoppers (who they just met), our gang infiltrates the Savior's outpost and starts murdering people in their sleep..

O-kayy...

Chris Hardwick said it's the stupidest decision he's ever seen on the show..

Comment

• johnnystorm
                Hot Child in the City
                • Jul 3, 2008

And done with ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION ON THE SAVIORS. No idea of the size of the group, nor the layout of the camp, how well armed. No plan for retreat or escape. After all the killing they have no idea if they've even accomplished the mission. Glenn, who has never killed a human, grits his teeth and cleanly stabs a sleeping victim. Carol, who now suddenly smokes a lot, also has found a conscience and lost her survival instinct because some horny dude is hitting on her. And Gabriel quotes the bible as he executes a guy, like some Religious Punisher. Abraham dumps Rosita for maybe a turn at Sasha?
                Did they get all new writers for the second half of the season?
                Why the heck anybody follows Rick is beyond me. As a cop he couldn't direct traffic. One stupid decision after another, until Alexandria & The Hilltop are wiped out, and then his crew will move on to screw up somebody else's camp.
                One touch not mentioned...the polaroids on the wall of smashed heads. Lucille's work I bet!

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I'm rooting for Negan now, lol...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

I can't imagine Rick as a cop either.

He seems way too unstable (depressed then schizophrenic then delusions of grandeur then back again)

Well, now that I think about it he would make a perfect cop

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

What Abraham did to Rosita, the way he went about it, the lowest of the low, what a lowly scumbag. There was never a sit down talk between the two, perhaps hints, but no finality. He, after having sex of course (making it worse)...the morning after he's just packing and tell her he's leaving...and the lowest of the low, not only he tells her that he doesn't lover her, but to really stick it to her...Abraham tells Rosita that he thought (paraphrasing here) she was the last woman on Earth. What the heck??? That's just so wrong on many levels. And like my esteemed colleagues previously pointed out...he hasn't even gone beyond first base with Sasha yet, what a tool. Don't get me wrong, Sasha is cute and all, but she's also off a couple of screws here and there, perhaps that's what attracted the similarly damaged Abraham. But come on...is there a more chill chick than Rosita? And not only is she hot, but she handles that rifle better than anyone in the group. Maggie might be the hottest babe, but Rosita is a close second...and well, you Abraham, are an idiot, lol...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                        And not only is she hot, but she handles that rifle better than anyone in the group. Maggie might be the hottest babe, but Rosita is a close second...and well, you Abraham, are an idiot, lol...
                        I think Maggie might be the one who comes in second..

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Abe's getting Lucilled by Neegan, way too much focus on his character this season to not get smacked by the bat.

I find the proactive attack on the Saviors plausible. The trajectory from the farm to Hilltop make sense. They tried to be isolationists(farm), guard a castle (prison), then defend a fortress (Alexandria). On the way, they were attacked by the Governor, Cannibals and Wolves. So it's been a slow transition from reactive to defensive and now proactive. And it's going to blow back by getting Abe and a few others killed.

The rumor is we're not going to get a clear idea as to who Neegan bats to death at season's end. Not sure if I agree with that.

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

One concern is their big push for food. They lost a lot of people after the Wolf and Walker attacks, so they should have more food to go around I think. They went from lots of people to fewer, and then hey we don't have enough food, to lets kill another group on the word from another one.

Aside from that, the actual attack on Negan's group was fun to watch. I do agree that Abraham's dumping of Rosita seemed odd, and rushed. He's a smart guy, he's not going to give up a sure thing when he might be able to have two sure things.

I laughed pretty loud when Eugene showed up right away, he's wanting some Rosita on the rebound
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                              I think Maggie might be the one who comes in second..

No doubt, Christian Serratos is a looker. However, she's only 25, I'm twice her age...she's a tad young for me, ha.

Lauren Cohan is 34...I'm more comfortable with that number, lol.

Plus, she's not too shabby either...

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

^^^^^^^^^
                                Howzabout a Hector sammich, Hec? Christian, Hector AND Lauren. Now there's a meal that would be hard to resist!!! LOL!

I agree that Abraham was fairly stupid for giving Rosita the brush off when he's not guaranteed thing one with Sasha. Talk about your bonehead moves!
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎