Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I liked the episode, though I would have prefered it chronologically. I know they wanted to start with something impressive (the quarry), but I would have been even more impressed by a slow build-up to that scene, and then "bang!", thousands of walkers.
    The idea to shepherd that herd is also full of too many unexpected variables, and that's how it went: the sounding of the horn.
    Now who would do that?
    The priest is too obvious.
    My money is on Deanna. I think that the loss of her family has broken her, has made her lose her grip on Alexandria. This is a woman who always got what she wanted, and now she has lost it all. This could be her "passive suicide", bringing the walkers to the town and destroying everything.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks that Michonne has deeper feelings for Rick than she lets on? They would make a good couple, both skilled survivors, and she has a good relationship with Carl.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Why didnt they just burn them all in the pit?
      Easy, because the Govrrnor already did that a few seasons ago. Gotta keep things fresh!
      Seriously, I think pied pipering the herd away was a bad idea. Too much to go wrong (obviously now). And even leading them 20 miles away...they'd never just turn around and come back if there was a reason to attract then like an explosion ( or car horn).
      Life is hard, why make it harder? Contained targets to take out at your leisure was an easier solution. All the effort to build walls along the road would have been better spent reinforcing the quarry exits.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

They should build a car like Ash rebuilt in Army of Darkness --- with a propeller frontend

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

BTW, speaking of other movies after all this time you'd think they would have built somekind of reinforced tank vehicle like Land of the Dead's Dead Reckoning.

Seems a bit safer than just driving around in regular cars

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

I keep thinking the horn is going to be tied to The Wolves. Either they set it off, or someone in Alexandria did after the Wolves started to pillage the town.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
              Creature Of The Night
              • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by hedrap
              I keep thinking the horn is going to be tied to The Wolves. Either they set it off, or someone in Alexandria did after the Wolves started to pillage the town.
              This is my first guess also. My second would be Deanna. My third would be Ron.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
                BTW, speaking of other movies after all this time you'd think they would have built somekind of reinforced tank vehicle like Land of the Dead's Dead Reckoning.

Seems a bit safer than just driving around in regular cars
                Exactly!
                Get your vehicles reinforced, wear some arm and shoulder protection so you won't get bitten in the most "exposed" parts of your body. I know it's hot in that region, but getting eaten alive is worse than sweating a lot, right?
                Everytime I see a character getting bitten (while wearing just jeans and T-shirt), I'm thinking "what did you expect?"

You know what I would wear while going through zombie land? American football shoulder pads with a head of a walker mounted on each shoulder (facing out). It might look crazy and stink, but it would be ideal camouflage against walkers, and those biting heads would provide added protection from attacking humans. Somebody makes this happen on WD!!!!
                Last edited by Gorn Captain; Oct 15, '15, 4:29 AM.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                  Exactly!
                  Get your vehicles reinforced, wear some arm and shoulder protection so you won't get bitten in the most "exposed" parts of your body. I know it's hot in that region, but getting eaten alive is worse than sweating a lot, right?
                  Everytime I see a character getting bitten (while wearing just jeans and T-shirt), I'm thinking "what did you expect?"

You know what I would wear while going through zombie land? American football shoulder pads with a head of a walker mounted on each shoulder (facing out). It might look crazy and stink, but it would be ideal camouflage against walkers, and those biting heads would provide added protection from attacking humans. Somebody makes this happen on WD!!!!
                  Or how about them suits they wear when diving with sharks ?

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Because wearing logical proper defensive gear would take the look and fun outta the show, lol.

I have another logical solution, head north, towards colder states. Places were it snows. Walkers would freeze and stay put. Rick's group would at least get to rest during Winters. Then when everything thaws, they get back to fending them off. But at least humans would get a well rested vacation, lol...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                      Because wearing logical proper defensive gear would take the look and fun outta the show, lol.

I have another logical solution, head north, towards colder states. Places were it snows. Walkers would freeze and stay put. Rick's group would at least get to rest during Winters. Then when everything thaws, they get back to fending them off. But at least humans would get a well rested vacation, lol...
                      Don't give them any ideas.

The producers are probably looking for any reason to film the show in Canada

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Just thought of something ... not sure if I ever mentioned it but my nephew's son was an extra zombie last year on Walking Dead.

Tried looking for him but never found him ... probably was WAY behind everybody so much you need HD just to see his body

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

So when Carl was with his girlfriend, there was like a creepy face watching them in the background. Was that the kid who goes off in the woods after Rick, or someone else?

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Carl clearly had a crush on Mishonie.

Kinda surprised they seemed to just let that plotline die with no more explanation.

As far as Rick goes, i'm kinda getting a little sick of his tortured soul character.

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

I usually watch the previous season in fast-forward mode, going past a lot of the zombie scenes the second time as the tension is gone.

A few things I noticed sort of clarifies the issues we see compared to the producers.

It's apparent they write a half-season in one period, then shoot all the related material as there's a real time disconnect between mid-seasons and previous overall seasons. For example, the one kid from the hospital, Noah, said he had been there for a year. If that's accurate and then you look at the time-crunch of Rick's crew, then that means they've been at this for at least two years. It wasn't until then that I realized between the end of s3 and s4, Rick's group lived around and in the prison for nearly a year, and we saw none of it.

That's really crazy when you consider how psychologically, they act as of the previous season events happened just last month. The one thing they do keep in-time is the decay of the walkers. When Eugene first meets Abraham, he claims they're getting faster as an excuse as to why he couldn't evade them. But you can see how the ones in Atlanta, which had been decaying since the start are way worse off than the recent zombified.

It implies the cities will eventually become safe zones faster than being out in the hinterlands, as those who are turned way far out will have survived for much longer and will only be recently zombied, as in the past few months. It also implied with how high-pressure water can tear them to pieces which wouldn't be possible on a real corpse until at least a month of decay. So if they keep this up, there should be a shelf-life where the city dead are nearly skeletal making them more a cleanup job than a real threat.

And I'm still convinced this whole thing ends with Judith holding the cure. She was in utero the entire time, meaning her body was developing anti-bodies at the stem cell age and Rick had to cesarean her from the womb. I'm betting we get a cliffhanger to the final season or very last episodes where she's bit and nothing happens.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Holy Mother of Christ!!! Like Kevin Smith said on TALKING DEAD, tonight's episode is easily in my top five best episodes of TWD ever! I defy anyone to say that TWD is NOT bringing it this season, because they're not only bringing it, they're also slamming you over the head and punching you in the gut with it as well. But that poor tortoise!!!
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎