Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

I watched the 2nd season premiere and gave up. I could not care less about any of these boring whiney people. I thought this series would be more about the fall of civilization, showing the fight to save things, heroic efforts, tragedy, etc. Instead we get this lame family drama. LA burns to the ground off camera. Swimming zombies instead of walking dead.
    Meh. I'm out.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

If they re-focus on the zombie problem, and a possible solution, I'd be interested.
      Or, a full-on war with the walkers.

My idea would be to introduce walkers who have retained some of their intelligence and personality. A kind of "alpha class" of walkers, that can be reasoned with. They'd still crave human flesh, but there would be a more "personal" conflict of man vs walker. Maybe a walker leader (like Big Daddy in Land of the Dead), who would possibly bargain with the humans. And finally, we could see human groups joining together to fight the zombie army. It would be a refreshing change from humans being nasty to other humans.
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Watched both S2 FTWD's.

I didn't love them, but they seemed at least more tolerable than TWD --- which seems to be turning into a camp comedy of itself.

The problem with FTWD is it's basically a blended dysfunctional family drama with zombies as a backdrop.

The producers should realize there are 2 separate themes going on that are not compatible to the average zombie fan.

It would be like making All In The Family set in the Star Wars universe .... SW fans don't want to see that and i'm sure most sitcom fans would also pass.

The average zombie fan does not care about relationships --- They want to see people running away from and fighting zombies.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

I must be an undemanding horror junkie, because I enjoy both shows immensely. I try not to overthink them too much, or try to come up with better storylines in my mind. I just enjoy the ride. I like horror. I like Zombies. Grab a bag of pretzels, some peanuts, and a bubbly beverage and tune in.

Comment

• Iron Mego
            Wake Up Heavy
            • Jan 31, 2010

I love me some horror too, but these don't fall into that category for me anymore. They're more like dramas with Zombies. Drambies.

I really just can't handle them repeating the same scenario every season.
            Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

It would be interesting if they made it an anthology series where each week we see a different and new cast and situation all set in the same time throughout the world.

I want to see what's happening at the Capital, NATO headquarters in Belgium, ... How Russia is bordering on invading all of Europe because the allies are in disarray.

Will China help out ? ... or team up with Russia ?

They could do so much fun stuff instead of concentrating on one family nobody cares about.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

They kind of did that scenario in World War Z, which was more international. Not a bad movie.
                I'd like to see an episode where all the zombies are checking their smart phones, which seems to be what all zombies are doing these days anyway...
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

That's true, I forgot that.

WWZ would have been a lot better without Pitt

I like Pitt, but he totally stunk in that

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Steven Yuen has signed for two movies.
                    He could have a very busy schedule planned...or else....

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Was the gay kiss suppose to be a shocking surprise ?

I had suspected since the hotel scene at the beginning.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

i said to my wife as we were watching the most recent episode that the whole gay relationship with Strand/Abigail was very contrived

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

^ I was thinking the same thing.

Wonder if the show is just being made up as they go along or there's a basic writer's guide to follow ? ... I beginning to think the former

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎