Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does all modern kid's shows have cheeky heroes and stars ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Why does all modern kid's shows have cheeky heroes and stars ?

Sometimes when i'm going through channels I might leave it on a kids show a few minutes to wait out commercials on another channel.

Every time I see any modern kid's show the characters are always cheeky to the point of being very annoying.

Not just shows geared toward older kids like Superhero cartoons, but also shows on Disney that are clearly geared for 3-5 year olds.

Do kids that age even understand what wisecracking means ?

Who writes this stuff and how did it become the norm ?
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

I babysat my nieces last week, and the shows they were watching drove me insane, but I think the same thing when I hear most sitcoms these days. I think that 1 note sarcastic delivery and tone has just become what humor is to mainstream American TV comedy.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

It's like all characters on all shows became Alan Alda on MASH

Get's very annoying fast.

Was watching some Spider-Man cartoon yesterday and all he did while battling was deliver snarky comment after snarky comment.

By this same modern trend, when Scooby and Shaggy are being chased by monsters we'd most likey hear dozens of cheeky responces... probably about the monsters breath or how bad his farts smell

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Spider-man has always been a smart alec, it's entirely true to character.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

For Spiderman it's normal. It's what he has always done. But true, these days everyone seems to have verbal diarrhea.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

The times are changing folks, and not necessarily for the better, it seems (some) kids these days are more
            smartalecy than what we were, not that we were perfect but I see kids saying things I would have never dream of saying and there under 13, (yes) you can put some of the blame on television, but it comes down to the parents.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎