Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

Tonight's Constantine episode was great...I really hope they get Matt Ryan back again. With all the supernatural stuff spinning out of Nanda Parbat he would be a good addition, and a way to introduce characters like Deadman, maybe Black Orchid?

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by johnnystorm
      Tonight's Constantine episode was great...I really hope they get Matt Ryan back again. With all the supernatural stuff spinning out of Nanda Parbat he would be a good addition, and a way to introduce characters like Deadman, maybe Black Orchid?
      Heck, I'd just be happy to see The Spectre and Dr. Fate migrate over along with Constantine. Not that they were on his show, but they were very strongly suggested...
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

After watching this episode, I realize how much I miss Constantine on TV. I would like to see him show back up to help take down Daimen and then at least one episode of Legends of Tomorrow.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Grimjohn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          After watching this episode, I realize how much I miss Constantine on TV. I would like to see him show back up to help take down Daimen and then at least one episode of Legends of Tomorrow.
          Constantine's reaction to Oliver's query about Damien suggested to me that he may return to help take him down...but, that just may be wishful thinking on my part as I really miss having Constantine on TV as well.
          My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

This explains why my son asked me about Constantine last night. He's the Arrow fan in the household.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Robot Chicken take on Arrowverse
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Finally catching up on ARROW. Working second shift, I have to record pretty much everything I used to watch live so catching up is a matter of binge-watching. I just finished the episode where they actually resurrect Sara Lance. ARROW doesn't usually jump the shark too much (they can and do occasionally go over the top), but I think Sara's return to the world of the living might just qualify. Yeah, they had to find SOME away to bring her back for LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, but I think perhaps a better way would've been to have White Canary be the Sara Lance of Earth 2.

All of these programs demand, to one extent or another, a willing suspension of disbelief, but there are certain inaccuracies which cannot be glazed over. For one thing, human corpses decompose and they decompose in fairly short order, especially if they haven't been pumped full of formaldehyde. Brain cells pretty much begin to die as soon as the heart stops beating and pumping oxygen to the body. Then all the lovely little critters that live inside us decide the buffet is open and start to consume the body they've been in forever, but have been kept at bay just by the process of living. Don't even get me started on the maggots and how quickly they can consume a corpse. Google it. That's what ARROW's writers should have done. If Sara's corpse had been prepared well and locked away in an airtight vault or in an extremely cold or dry atmosphere, her body maybe taken on the mummified appearance it had. Since she was buried in secret, in a wooden box, in a place where there are likely temperature and moisture extremes, after the amount of time she had been dead and buried, her remains would likely look a lot more like one of the half-decomposed zombies on TWD and less like Caity Lotz.
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                  Finally catching up on ARROW. Working second shift, I have to record pretty much everything I used to watch live so catching up is a matter of binge-watching. I just finished the episode where they actually resurrect Sara Lance. ARROW doesn't usually jump the shark too much (they can and do occasionally go over the top), but I think Sara's return to the world of the living might just qualify. Yeah, they had to find SOME away to bring her back for LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, but I think perhaps a better way would've been to have White Canary be the Sara Lance of Earth 2.

All of these programs demand, to one extent or another, a willing suspension of disbelief, but there are certain inaccuracies which cannot be glazed over. For one thing, human corpses decompose and they decompose in fairly short order, especially if they haven't been pumped full of formaldehyde. Brain cells pretty much begin to die as soon as the heart stops beating and pumping oxygen to the body. Then all the lovely little critters that live inside us decide the buffet is open and start to consume the body they've been in forever, but have been kept at bay just by the process of living. Don't even get me started on the maggots and how quickly they can consume a corpse. Google it. That's what ARROW's writers should have done. If Sara's corpse had been prepared well and locked away in an airtight vault or in an extremely cold or dry atmosphere, her body maybe taken on the mummified appearance it had. Since she was buried in secret, in a wooden box, in a place where there are likely temperature and moisture extremes, after the amount of time she had been dead and buried, her remains would likely look a lot more like one of the half-decomposed zombies on TWD and less like Caity Lotz.
                  good point, however there would not be maggots in the coffin, no flies to lay them. also there are plenty of documented cases of exhumed bodies still being well preserved. Abraham Lincoln being one, who if I am not mistaken had his casket opened 5 years later and was reportedly perfectly preserved. so it does happen, for whatever reason.

now that being said I thought that whole bit was dumb too and agree they should have used the E2 Sara

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

The Lazarus Pit is a device that has been around the DC universe since the '70s, almost exclusively in the Batman books. It has been used to ressurect the dead, the main character being Jason Todd (ex-Robin, current Red Hood). Who was deceased for a few years prior to getting a pit bath.
                    Green Arrow was dead himself for a few years until coming back through some supernatural manipulation.
                    I think the main goal was to get magic involved in the tv DCU, leading to more characters and maybe new shows aside from Legends. Earth 2 for now is relegated to the Flash and his science oriented world.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                      The Lazarus Pit is a device that has been around the DC universe since the '70s, almost exclusively in the Batman books. It has been used to ressurect the dead, the main character being Jason Todd (ex-Robin, current Red Hood). Who was deceased for a few years prior to getting a pit bath.
                      Green Arrow was dead himself for a few years until coming back through some supernatural manipulation.
                      I think the main goal was to get magic involved in the tv DCU, leading to more characters and maybe new shows aside from Legends. Earth 2 for now is relegated to the Flash and his science oriented world.
                      I agree that The Lazarus Pit is pretty much the portal to the magical/mystical portion of the DCTVverse, which I am glad to see. I would agree that Earth 2 is, currently, pretty much a FLASH device, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a breach open somewhere in Star City which would not only bring more metas to Star City (not that they haven't seen a few already, after call, the playing card guy was from Central City), but could be a good reason to bring Green Lantern (if they can) to Star City. I could easily see a clash of ego between Ollie and Hal Jordan...

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Finally got to watch "Haunted." Damn it was good to see Constantine again; makes me realize how much I miss the show. Maybe, if we all cross our fingers, the CW will be smart enough to make him a part of the ever-expanding DCTVverse. With it being on a non-major network, they could go ahead and make the show a bit darker in tone and change the name to Hellblazer. I think it would be a great lead-in or follow-up show to Supernatural.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

I gotta hand it to Arrow. They have a history of jumping off the skyscraper, with the faith that they can build a parachute before they go splat... and sure enough, they keep pulling it off.

When they started, I doubt they thought they would be spinning Sarah Lance off onto her own superhero show... and using John Constantine as the vehicle to explain away her resurrection. And yet all the pieces really came together like they had been planning it for years.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Watched this week's episode a few minutes ago and it was pretty darn kick arse. Glad to see they managed to rescue Ray Palmer from the clutches of Damien Darkh. It was good to see them acting as an actual team again when they stormed Darkh's building. Plus, it was good to see Kord Industries; who knows, Blue Beetle may yet make an appearance. I do have to wonder how Ollie's arrows stayed put in their quiver when he was hanging upside down; some type of magnetism presumably? The new black guy working with them seems to be Arrow's version of Cisco, so I'm sure the two of them will either clash or collaborate (or both) in the upcoming ARROW/FLASH crossover. Team Arrow and Team Flash both seem pretty neck and neck now in the brainy scientist department, so between all of them, I'm sure they can cook up some cool new stuff.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

The new guy will eventually be Mr. Terrific.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                                Permanent Member
                                • Sep 15, 2014

FAIR PLAY!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡