X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Hair rooting?

Has anyone tried to add a row of hair to an already-rooted head? Now that Batgirl heads are plentiful, I'd love to do a Black Cat. I just am having a hard time with the deck height on the forehead - there's room for a license plate.
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

It's probably a lot easier on a female head than a mail head because you don't have the long neckplug to have to aim the needle through. Here's a pic of a the John Lennon I am working on. I made the holes for where I want hair root to go through with a paperclip point. So far the only problem I've had is that the needle is just barely long enough to reach the hole and the neck plug:

http://megomuseum.com/community/show...top-Head/page2

If you know the pattern that you want in the forehead it should be fairly easy to do...just don't put the root plugs too close together because you will rip a bigger hole in the head.

Comment

• bleit1701
      Career Member
      • Jan 1, 2009

Yes, you can. I made Rogue from one of Doc's heads where I lowered the hair line. You can get the plugs close together without tearing the head.
      Use a darning needle. It has larger eye and is about 3 inches long. It's much easier to work with.
      rogue02a.jpg
      rogue02.jpg
      Better late than never.....

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by bleit1701
        Yes, you can. I made Rogue from one of Doc's heads where I lowered the hair line. You can get the plugs close together without tearing the head.
        Use a darning needle. It has larger eye and is about 3 inches long. It's much easier to work with.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16715[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16716[/ATTACH]
        lovely work brian she looks fantastic.

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

A candle flame easily ties off the end of the hair. Adding a row is pretty quick.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I took a bigger tapestry needle and cut out the eye like a knitting needle and it works great to load up with strands and pull thru. I just burn the end too.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎