Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Watched tonight's episode and it's another one in the "win" column for THE FLASH as far as I'm concerned. Zoom looks wicked as hell and you could definitely hear Tony Todd when he spoke. I'm just wondering who the young lady is he's got locked up. As for this week's "breacher," they did a decent job with translating Dr. Light, a character who could've been taken down the corny path very easily.

I'm glad that Cisco's powers are out in the open, as well. I like "Harry," too; he's enough of a departure from Earth One's Harrison Wells that he maintains my interest. My only nitpick would be his "meta-detecting" watch. It's a bit big and clunky. I'm guessing there must not be an Apple company on Earth 2! LOL! Also, you'll notice that his watch didn't pick up any meta vibes from Caitlyn Snow so I'm guessing it's her Earth 2 doppelgänger that pops up as Killer Frost.

Lastly, I'm glad to see Barry moving on in his love life, and Patty Spivot is certainly attractive enough that she would make me forget about Iris (although we know, for Barry, that Iris is destined to be Mrs. Allen at some point).
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Grimjohn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
      Watched tonight's episode and it's another one in the "win" column for THE FLASH as far as I'm concerned. Zoom looks wicked as hell and you could definitely hear Tony Todd when he spoke. I'm just wondering who the young lady is he's got locked up. As for this week's "breacher," they did a decent job with translating Dr. Light, a character who could've been taken down the corny path very easily.

I'm glad that Cisco's powers are out in the open, as well. I like "Harry," too; he's enough of a departure from Earth One's Harrison Wells that he maintains my interest. My only nitpick would be his "meta-detecting" watch. It's a bit big and clunky. I'm guessing there must not be an Apple company on Earth 2! LOL! Also, you'll notice that his watch didn't pick up any meta vibes from Caitlyn Snow so I'm guessing it's her Earth 2 doppelgänger that pops up as Killer Frost.

Lastly, I'm glad to see Barry moving on in his love life, and Patty Spivot is certainly attractive enough that she would make me forget about Iris (although we know, for Barry, that Iris is destined to be Mrs. Allen at some point).
      My sentiments exactly, well said.
      My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

That's Wells' daughter in the cell. We saw her at the beginning of the episode, asking if her Dad was alright.

I can't believe they let Cisco call Wells that slang term for a male appendage, but man it fits. I was so wanting to see Jay punch that guy...and he did!

Loving where they are going, but I don't care for Jay being portrayed with clay feet. I guess it's the old-school DC fanboy in me. The JSA guys had nerves of steel, but then again, this Jay isn't from "the greatest generation".

I don't think this Wells is evil, but he's manipulating events to his ends....which means saving his daughter. Once again, the Scooby gang is getting played by Tom Kavanaugh!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I wasn't in love with Jay's portrayal in this one but I think it was done so Wells could take control.

Jay was becoming the new Wells and now "Harry" came in and dominated by challenging Barry, it's an interesting approach. Evil Wells was all smiles and encouragement, this guy is a dick who tells it like it is.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

I think there are more metas on E2 simply because the event that created them happened a few years ago. Barry hss been the Flash about a year maybe? And look how many have shown up so far.
            I too hate Jay being portrayed as wimpy, but then again Zoom seems to have beaten him pretty badly. I suspect he's gone off to investigate Wells on his own. Maybe assemble a mini Earth 1 JSA (please please!). And are thrre no other heroes to come through from E2? So far everyone is a bad guy. Maybe Jay is going to use a breach to contact a friend or two. Like his Atlantean buddy?

I also agree that E2 Caitlyn will be Killer Frost.

And here's a thought on Zoom...Black Flash...what if he is Cisco of E2? E1 Cisco is so concerned about his powers making him evil like Wells...what if it did on E2 and he took the Reverse Flash powers to an extreme level? Obviously (?) Zoom is not Wells this time. He also doesn't seem to know Cisco or Caitlyn from E1, actually none of the crew. Except Barry...so wait -maybe Barry of E2 is Zoom. Or his Dad. Or Joe West.

My prediction...Wells daughter will be getting powers somehow. Then getting killed, so Wells will decide to leave E2 and stay on E1. With his Steve Jobs Apple watch.

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

Since the actress was cast as Jesse Quick, yeah she has powers.

Last edited by monitor_ep; Nov 4, '15, 10:03 AM.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

I just love the fact that basically my favorite DC Comic is literally coming to life. Characters from Infinity Inc have been in the show in the episodes so far this season. I say keep it going. I said it in the Arrow thread...it's fun being a comic book geek and watching TV these days. How many comic book shows are there now:

Flash
                Arrow
                Supergirl
                Agents of Shield
                Daredevil
                Gotham
                Constantine (Even though it's canceled I can't see why some cable network won't pick it up...or a new run on the CW)
                Preacher

Legends of Tomorrow:

It's really fun to watch TV now

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I'm catching a few loop holes in the story that has me scratching my head a bit. First, when everyone says the E2 Wells acts like the E1 Wells, that's not really an accurate statement. Thawne actually killed and took over the real Wells, so his quirks and character qualities are actually Thawne's personality, not Wells. Thawne was also the person who killed Barry's mom, so why does Barry keep referring to Wells (by name) as the killer? So I guess the underlying personality quality the two share MAY be because Thawne killed both Wells from different Earths and that's still him? I'm not sure, but technically speaking if this E2 Wells is NOT an impersonator, how could he be acting like Thawne's version of Wells? Something to think about...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I thought the same thing when I watched the episode. it will be interesting to see how the season plays out

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

so is the girl in teo coffee shop that Cisco hits on going to be Hawkgirl? she did mention being new in town

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Joe West just blasting Wells full of bullets (thankfully Barry was there) without at least a "freeze" warning (he's a cop, right?)...was waaaaaaay over the top, lol...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

so is the girl in teo coffee shop that Cisco hits on going to be Hawkgirl? she did mention being new in town
                          Yes, Kendra Saunders. That's the modern-age, Pre-New 52 Hawkgirl. Not sure if there is a Hawkgirl now.

Joe West just blasting Wells full of bullets (thankfully Barry was there) without at least a "freeze" warning (he's a cop, right?)...was waaaaaaay over the top, lol...
                          Yeah, that may have been a bit out of character. But Joe has been really rattled this season, so...

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector
                            Wells did have super-speed and was an evil killer as far as Joe knows, so it wasn't really an out of character reaction.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Everybody was non chalantly and calmly standing around...yet Wyatt "Joe West" Earp came in with guns blazing.

I also still get a kick how supposedly Star Labs has now better security...yet West still surprises everybody...I guess they forgot to install security cameras with motion sensors...to at least inform the crew, "Hey, West is coming, let's give him a heads up before he draws his gun and shoot at Wells", lol...

Hey, nothing wrong with that, it's a fantastical show...but it's still nice to point out little details like that...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Yes, Kendra Saunders. That's the modern-age, Pre-New 52 Hawkgirl. Not sure if there is a Hawkgirl now.

Yeah, that may have been a bit out of character. But Joe has been really rattled this season, so...

Chris
                                True, but he's still a cop...you can't be reactionary like that...in the "real" world...he'd be reprimanded and suspended...then ordered for reavaluation...otherwise...oh heck...it's a comic book show, who am I kidding, lol...

But even in a fantastical setting, there's gotta be a bit of logic...that's how sci-fi works...
                                Last edited by Hector; Nov 5, '15, 4:15 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎