Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Last night's episode was another winner. Whomever is doing the CGI work on Grodd is knocking it out of the ballpark, especially on a weekly TV show budget. Was great to see of Gorilla City. I thought for a minute when they had opened the breach that as Grodd was being pulled through, he would grab Caitlyn and drag her along with him and, while on E2, she became Killer Frost. My one nitpick towards Grodd's departure would be: how was Barry able to completely stop his forward momentum when he shoved Grodd into the breach? He was going mighty fast.

Loved the first real glimpses of Hawkgirl.

Regarding Henry Allen, I'm not sure about what direction they're going with him yet. I think the E1 version is likely pretty safe. Adjusting to life outside of prison, I imagine, would take some getting used to since, in prison, your days and nights are fairly regimented and scheduled. Earth 2 Henry we know zero about, so, technically, he could be Zoom. If E2 Henry Allen lead a completely different life from his E1 counterpart, it could be that he never had children or even a wife and something particularly bad happened to him and, when he gained access to super-speed, he fell into the "power corrupting" checklist and became Zoom.

At the show's end, when Barry and Patty are talking, I almost thought, for a moment, that he was going to tell her that he's The Flash, just to let her know that they could trust one another.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• johnnystorm
      Hot Child in the City
      • Jul 3, 2008

Considering we know little about Henry Allen's life prior to the murder, maybe he liked to travel. I know if I was locked up for 20 years I'd maybe want to hit the road, see what I missed out on, find a woman. And he did pretty much see Barry pretty regularly it seems. Can't have gone too far away from Central City for Iris to bring him back so quick. And either they all know where he is at, or his phone number to call, so I don't think there is a secret agenda going on with him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^It could be that Shipp just isn't contracted for that many shows...or they could be using him in the Zoom suit for closeups...if that rumor somehow comes true.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

If Robert Queen is Green Arrow on Earth 2, it makes perfect sense for Henry Allen to be the Flash. He just went off the rails somewhere.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Looking forward to watching tonight's episode of THE FLASH tomorrow night when I can immediately follow it with the Arrow portion of the crossover.
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

For the love of god almighty...Barry's cop girlfriend just barges into Star Labs and shoots Wells?????

I thought they had improved their security...how lame, lol.

It almost ruined what otherwise was a really good episode.

These writers, lol..
                  sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

^Despite being a great episode, I was more flummoxed by Barry and Oliver unmasking in front of Hawkman, when they don't know if he's on their side yet or not! And after Barry gives Cisco crap for blowing the secret in front of Kendra!

But other than that...MAN...what a heck of an episode! Each commercial break was a season-ending worthy cliffhanger. These guys are on fire.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

The Wells part seemed unneccesary...unless it was a way to get Jay's powers jumpstarted. I don't believe for an instant that the serum is "out of his system".

Can somebody please LOCK THE DAMN DOOR at STAR Labs?!? This is pretty ridiculous at this point. I could buy that the regular team has pass cards , but not Patty yet.

Also thought everyone revealing ids to both Hawks right away was poorly written. As was the Kendra jumping bit and Oliver being so ok with it. I do like that the wings appear magically now, much easier than strapping them on. Do the Hawks now get display cases in the Arrowcave?

Thea is right, Cisco does need a haircut.
                      Last edited by johnnystorm; Dec 2, '15, 9:17 AM.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

I thought Kendra's power was going to be her massive teeth, and they would called her "Chompers" or something..

Also, I was a bit underwhelmed by the Hawkman/girl SFX:

Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Dec 2, '15, 2:11 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Yeah, unmasking in front of new faces, bad...but still not as annoying as unauthorized people just barging into Star Labs like it was free candy or something...that has been going on from the very beginning...and obviously, the producers/writers took noticed from fans complaining...because at the start of the season...the cast made references that they had improved security at Star Labs...so I had forgiven them, moved on...then they pulled this crap with Patty, dear god...I got so annoyed once again, lol...

Some of you just don't now how aggravating that is to me...more than anything else on the show...

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Oh, we know.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I really enjoyed the part one installment from the Flash series but last night's Arrow episode just crawled with camp. I thought the whole jumping off the building sequence was completely ridiculous. She tries it the first time and it doesn't work, which is met with Hawkman saying, "Hmmm, it always worked before. You must be doing something wrong" to which Arrow says, " I know this sounds weird, but I think Hawkman is right..." ???? WHERE did that line of reasoning come from? The writing got REAL lazy last night. Every character essentially said, " You're suppose to become a superhero. Just do it. Roll Nike commercial." And what is with Hawkman's Vin Diesel portrayal for the Egyptian scenes? Wouldn't he read a little exotic for the times? Eh... it leaned heavily on costumes-with-no-brain last night. And what on earth was up with Oliver Queen? He gets a second chance to make it right with Felicity but keeps his son a secret anyway? Both my wife and I just looked at each other and said, "What?" And yes, the security at Star labs is back to being a bad story device to create new plot points. I've never seen a more inviting secret headquarters in my life. Everyone must know Barry is the Flash by now. That whole episode felt mailed in.

Comment

• Grimjohn
                                Persistent Member
                                • Feb 28, 2011

Yeah, it would seem that there is better security at CC Jitters than at Star Labs and thus, has turned into the running joke between the two shows.

Despite this crossover being a fun watch, the plot holes were hard to ignore. The first being as MIB41 pointed out Oliver's refusal to seize the second chance, as he quickly threw it in Barry's face about Savage, and not tell Felicity about his son. I found Hawkman & Hawkgirl's origin stories to be a little murky, I get that their souls are eternally linked each time they reincarnate but, where do the wings and super strength originate from? They seemed like "normal" Egyptians in the flashback sequences and each time they reincarnate they live "normal" human lives until they "merge" with their ancient personas.

It seemed to me that the writers took on too much. They had two hours to introduce their audience to Hawkman & Hawkgirl but, they spent too much time on Wells' Speed Force booster serum and Oliver's son subplots and not enough time establishing more detailed origins of Hawkman & Hawkgirl. This crossover felt more rushed and forced than mailed in as a whole but, there were definitely some portions of it that did seem mailed in.
                                My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎