X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

captain marvel's hair

in the avengers kree vs skrull war comics captain marvel had white hair but in his own book he had blonde, any reason for this or was it just a mistake.
  • johnnystorm
    Hot Child in the City
    • Jul 3, 2008

I believe it was originally blonde, but changed to white when he got cosmic awareness & powers. Then it just got miscolored in different appearances.

Comment

• daz71
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by johnnystorm
      I believe it was originally blonde, but changed to white when he got cosmic awareness & powers. Then it just got miscolored in different appearances.
      oh not sure which to do my custom matbe stick with blonde.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

It was definitely white in his first appearance in the green and white Kree uniform. I want to say it went blonde after he met Eon, but I cant exactly remember. Here is info from a fan site...

CAPTAIN MARVEL #29 VOLUME 1
        Captain Marvel gains more powers
        First story Jim Starlin writes solo
        Iconic cover by Jim Starlin

Plenty of note worthy things in this issue. In order to defeat Thanos, Eon brings forth a metamorphosis for Captain Marvel's body and conscious. He then becomes Protector of the Universe and his Cosmic Awareness is heightened. Captain Marvel's hair also turns from white to blonde.

This is also the first issue where Jim Starlin writes the story solo without the help of Mike Friedrich, and the cover is considered a classic. John Romita ended up redrawing Captain Marvel's head. This comic was published November, 1973.

Comment

• daz71
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2014

that makes sense as the kree/skrull war was before 1973 so i should go with blonde but he will fit in better with my avengers customs if he has white.

Comment

• johnnystorm
            Hot Child in the City
            • Jul 3, 2008

Oh yeah. I had it reversed.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡