Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Rick and Morty

anyone else loving this show?

really dug the Simpsons crossover
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Grimjohn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 28, 2011

Yes, I don't miss an episode of it.
    My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
      Persistent Member
      • Apr 28, 2013

Well, I loved that! I will need to check them out.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

The show is pretty awesome!

Comment

• fallensaviour
          Talkative Member
          • Aug 28, 2006

My two oldest dont miss an episode and love it.
          “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

I watched all of season 1 and am looking forward to getting caught up on season 2.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• kerowack
              Career Member
              • Feb 27, 2008

It's the funniest show on tv since arrested development ended and both curb and check it out with dr Steve brule have been on seemingly permanent hiatus.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Just finished up Season 2. A surprisingly touching cliffhanger.

When I first started watching this, I thought it was a total spoof of Back to the Future with Marty and Doc. But it really is it's own thing.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I started watching this based on this thread, accidentally started with season 2 which was sort of confusing but i managed to follow along.

Fun show, I love comedy that is a both dark and smart like this. My only problem is i burned through all of it in a week.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Season three is currently airing. It's so awesome!

Comment

• toothaction
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 15, 2017

Possibly my favorite bit of programing ever. At the very least it's the smartest and most deeply affecting show on television right now, full stop. Laughter, tears and tiered meta-meanings, all in the same moment, over and over again, and never once feeling unearned or forced. I was a fan of all the folks responsible for the venture before it went on the air, yet it never ceases to amazing me how vastly it continues to exceed my own exaggerated expectations. All that, plus it serves up some of the only hard SF out there, some of the most honest and achingly relatable family drama, too, aaand it's also just a kick-arse comedy. Yep.

Best to start at the beginning and warm into it, I'd say. Far from the most arc-based show out there, but it really builds as you go along, rewarding you for paying attention.

Care to read a really solid piece of writing on what makes Rick and Morty so great? Just make sure that you've already had a look at the greatest 2h20m summer blockbuster ever first. You know, the one that's only 21 minutes long and has a pickle for a hero.

Also, poop jokes.
                      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• fallensaviour
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 28, 2006

My fear is that it is becoming very mainstream now (being mentioned on tv comedies such as Mom)and I'm afraid it's new popularity will eventually hurt it.
                        That being said season three has been killer so far.....Pickle Rick!!!!
                        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• huedell
                          Museum Ball Eater
                          • Dec 31, 2003

Just introduced to it. I'm a curmudgeon that hardly will look at anything new. I was pushed heavily into this by someone that sized me up pretty quick.

Rick and Morty... as some in this thread have implied, is so good it hurts.

As an unsuccessful writer? Hurts me even more!
                          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by toothaction
                            Care to read a really solid piece of writing on what makes Rick and Morty so great?
                            Okay---that's scary. It basically illustrates what I was trying to say in the post above.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I was hooked almost immediately after i tried it, it took longer but now my entire family is into it. I won't let the kids watch certain episodes. The wife was the long time hold out.

If I had to blame something , I'd say it was the quality of this season.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎