X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

The Joy of Beater Cards

The very first thing I did was smell the vinyl cape to see if it had that same Star Wars smell that Vader Leia and Ben Kenobi had. Unfortunately it didn't, and I wasn't magically transported back to 1978. But oh the supple texture of that card fresh vinyl. Glorious.
    Last edited by Hedji; Oct 4, '15, 8:13 AM.
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Anyone have a mint loose Mummy for sale?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Preach it! I'm an "opener", too.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I recently sold a set of Six Million Dollar man outfits, MOMC, to a guy at a convention.
          He paid for them, and then ripped them all open, discarding the packaging in a trashcan. "Just want the outfits", he said.
          Even though I'm a "set them free" kind of collector, it kinda hurt. I had had those for like 20 years.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I'm not saying I'd do the same with a Mummy or Wolfman from the same series, but these are quite common, and loose prices are almost fetching carded so what the hey?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              I recently sold a set of Six Million Dollar man outfits, MOMC, to a guy at a convention.
              He paid for them, and then ripped them all open, discarding the packaging in a trashcan. "Just want the outfits", he said.
              Even though I'm a "set them free" kind of collector, it kinda hurt. I had had those for like 20 years.
              I've said before, I wouldn't tear open any Mego or other $$$ rarities. But beater cards: fair game. About the outfits, I understanding your misgivings, but did you make a fair sale? If so, I think the most important thing is that the buyer will put them on figures and love them. It's a bit crass though to do that in front of a seller, and I'd have saved the backer cards.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

If you do this with any Star Wars beater cards, you must post the videos on the Rebelscum forum and watch people lose their minds.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Thing is, there are probably way fewer carded Remco monsters in circulation than most of the SW characters. It's just lower demand.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

I admit I do open mint packages, 'cos I wanna play w/ what's inside, but I do keep the packaging most of the time. When I moved into this house, I did have to part w/ some of my packaging. It made me kinda sad, but at least I still have the toys.
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Did the same thing in 90s finishing off my MOTU collection.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎