Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I think the ratings mainly have to do with the time slot shift, where it faces fiercer competition and the fact that people dvr the show way more these days. It's worldwide numbers are still massive and they play a much bigger part into the show.

Capaldi has recently been vocal that the season schedule is too taxing and there is talk of turning the show into a series of Sherlock specials.

Also, the BBC is really a subject of Government scrutiny right now and Capaldi seems also to be very outspoken on that.

Interesting times...
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

If Capaldi does leave (for whatever reason) I hope they finally make the next Doctor a subtle Columbo style Doctor - in the same vein as Patrick Troughton and Peter Davison.

Getting a little tired of constantly having hyperactive show-off Doctors constantly yelling LOOK AT ME

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I am still not sold on Capaldi. I do like him more this season than last but have not really warmed to him. ....and what is the deal with the electric guitar? it just seems so contrived and random when he picks one up and starts playing. I did enjoy the episode though and I also like the two parter storylines

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

I really like Capaldi.
          The idea to make him the Rock'nRoll Doctor isn't such a bad one, as long as they don't shove it down our throats. It might convince young people that old farts like us can still count.
          Strange, but I'm getting a Colin Baker flashback feeling. The show is struggling a bit, and the lead actor gets the blame.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
            Strange, but I'm getting a Colin Baker flashback feeling. The show is struggling a bit, and the lead actor gets the blame.
            I was just saying that to a buddy.

I'm not the biggest fan of Capaldi, but i'd much rather see Moffat gone than him.

I think he (Moffat) has run his course and it's time for somebody new.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by Mikey
              I was just saying that to a buddy.

I'm not the biggest fan of Capaldi, but i'd much rather see Moffat gone than him.

I think he (Moffat) has run his course and it's time for somebody new.
              Couldn't agree more. Time for new blood. I'd like to see Mark Gatiss become story editor.
              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎