Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archie comic books are popular now. Time for Megos?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toycade
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 8, 2014

IF Archie was happening I think you would roll it out like so:
    Wave 1:
    Archie
    Reggie
    Moose
    Betty
    Wave 2
    Jughead
    Veronica
    Zombie Archie
    Mr. Flutesnot
    Exclusives:
    Super Teens (3-pack?)
    Wave 3
    ??? Not sure there is enough interest in Archie to pull off a 3rd wave to be honest. Delve into more zombie versions? A couple of modern? Still feels risky to me as a retailer.

Comment

• nubee
      Career Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
      NO! Zombies have been, if you will pardon the expression, too done to death. Practically everything in fiction revolves around the stupid things!

I'd rather see classic Archie, Veronica, Reggie, Jughead, and Betty

I agree too, no Zombies Archies. I want the Dan DeCarlo likeness.

Oh yeah.....I forgot about the cavemen versions. I still want the hero and spy versions after the regular ones.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

If you make Moose, you need Dilton.

Ethel would be good foil for Jughead.

Chuck and Nancy would be nice additions. Then Midge should round out the classic characters.

For the adults, I would pick Mr. Weatherbee and Miss Grundy over Flutesnoot.

Other adults could include be Mr. Lodge. Archie's parents too, but Mr. Lodge has always been more prominent. Pop Tate too. There are other regular faculty members, but I don't know if I would make them.

Love the Super Teens 3-Pack idea!

And if the line is selling and you want to really test it, you could make Little Archie on the 7" bodies.

All that said.. I still don't know if these fit the Mego style. I always wanted DST or someone to make an Archie line, but DST would probably have been statues instead of action figures.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 11, 2014

It was talked about, but several of the Old Archie figure lines are still pretty easily available if you want them. I personally don't see this line being a seller in anyway. The Archie Zombie stuff would be the Contemporary stuff but I'm no fan of it and I'd rather the Heat be thrown on the DC figure Line and the Bat 66 Figures.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎