X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

ftc and overseas orders

just placed and paid for a order on ftc website ,get a email saying that they've canceled my order no reason given ,emailed them back and asked why ,they say there is a $40 plus shipping minimum ,yet when i ordered it said a $10 plus shipping minimum ,what gives ,anyone heard of this before ,thanks for any insight
  • daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
    just placed and paid for a order on ftc website ,get a email saying that they've canceled my order no reason given ,emailed them back and asked why ,they say there is a $40 plus shipping minimum ,yet when i ordered it said a $10 plus shipping minimum ,what gives ,anyone heard of this before ,thanks for any insight
    yes same happened to me you have to spend over $40 then the shipping is over $20 which is why i've only ever ordered once.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

wow daz thats rough lol

thing is when i was trying to order it stated a $10 plus shipping minimum ,things wouldn't add to my cart ,no estimate postage costs and when i paid no shipping costs added ,said they would be added when charge was made or something ,
      my main disappointment was the curt unhelpful manner in which this was treated

no explanation of why my order was canceled
      if the $40 thing is there policy and i missed it fair enough
      ,but wouldn't a better use of their time have been explaining this to me and trying to make a customer of me and if needs be getting me to increase my order rather than their curt and mainly unhelpful replies to my requests for a explanation and assistance,

the cancellation email could have explained the reason and policy from the get go ,this has fairly or unfairly clouded my perception of ftc as a company and reduced my willingness to buy from them now and in the future i'm afraid,by the look of it ill be buying other peoples ftc cast offs from now on lol

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

yes same thing happened exactly like that no explanation .i just stick to doc mego and castaway now.it's a shame as they have some good stuff i would order more regularly if they were like the other two.

Comment

• Agent4125
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 23, 2007

From their "Shipping Policy" page:

"SHIPPING within Europe
          Minimum Order is $19.00 plus shipping
          If you live in the Europe and your total order adds up to:

$19.00 to $59.00 shipping and handling is $45.00 for your total order
          ..."

So the minimum should be $19 plus shipping. Or is that page out of date?
          Last edited by Agent4125; Oct 1, '15, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• daz71
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2014

Originally posted by Agent4125
            From their "Shipping Policy" page:

"SHIPPING within Europe
            Minimum Order is $19.00 plus shipping
            If you live in the Europe and your total order adds up to:

$19.00 to $59.00 shipping and handling is $45.00 for your total order
            ..."

So the minimum should be $19 plus shipping. Or is that page out of date?
            $45 shipping or $7 from doc mego

Comment

• libby 1957dog
              Persistent Member
              • Sep 3, 2009

wow thats a terrible way to build a overseas customer base and bring people into the hobby
              ,let alone the poor customer relation skills exhibited by the staff member that sent and replied to my emails requesting help and a explanation for my canceled order ,
              id heard the shipping was expensive but just wow
              such a shame i like a lot of there output and would like to find away to support them with my sales directly ,but don't see how i can ,and honestly it the "assistance "i received from the email guy is representative of the company's commitment to customer relations and customer support id hate to think how they would handle overseas returns on defective items etc ,so looks like no ftc remegos in my future unless i buy someones cast offs on here lol ,such a shame
              i wonder if micky moose can offer some insight as to the workings of ftc and their outlook towards overseas customers

Comment

• daz71
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2014

wow thats a terrible way to build a overseas customer base and bring people into the hobby
                ,let alone the poor customer relation skills exhibited by the staff member that sent and replied to my emails requesting help and a explanation for my canceled order ,
                id heard the shipping was expensive but just wow
                such a shame i like a lot of there output and would like to find away to support them with my sales directly ,but don't see how i can ,and honestly it the "assistance "i received from the email guy is representative of the company's commitment to customer relations and customer support id hate to think how they would handle overseas returns on defective items etc ,so looks like no ftc remegos in my future unless i buy someones cast offs on here lol ,such a shame
                i wonder if micky moose can offer some insight as to the workings of ftc and their outlook towards overseas customers
                there is someone on ebay who sells the figures for 20 odd quid then after a couple of months puts them on at a 99p start that's where i got mine i've never bought figures direct from ftc

Comment

• daz71
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2014

wow daz thats rough lol

thing is when i was trying to order it stated a $10 plus shipping minimum ,things wouldn't add to my cart ,no estimate postage costs and when i paid no shipping costs added ,said they would be added when charge was made or something ,
                  my main disappointment was the curt unhelpful manner in which this was treated

no explanation of why my order was canceled
                  if the $40 thing is there policy and i missed it fair enough
                  ,but wouldn't a better use of their time have been explaining this to me and trying to make a customer of me and if needs be getting me to increase my order rather than their curt and mainly unhelpful replies to my requests for a explanation and assistance,

the cancellation email could have explained the reason and policy from the get go ,this has fairly or unfairly clouded my perception of ftc as a company and reduced my willingness to buy from them now and in the future i'm afraid,by the look of it ill be buying other peoples ftc cast offs from now on lol
                  this is the one in the u.k.
                  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Figures-To...item28095e051e no it's not it's thishttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Batman-1966-TV-Series-Bruce-Wayne-figure-MEGO-style-/361398761711?hash=item54250b78ef
                  Last edited by daz71; Oct 2, '15, 3:43 PM.

Comment

• daz71
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2014

there is this seller toohttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-COMICS-Batman-1966-series-2-retro-figures-New-sealed-Mego-/131610846412?var=&hash=item1ea49e24cc

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎