Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I like Freddy, but yeah, that white cape is killing me. Someone REALLY needs to fix that style guide!

I have DCCP Annual #3 with Captain Sivana, so I'm glad to see a figure made of it. It will look great on a shelf with the others.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Looks like a great series! Captain Marvel Jr. looks fantastic!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

Credit where credit is due, Marvel Jr. looks great!

I did an image search and found as many white capes on Jr as red capes. Apparently the style guide has a white cape from what I've found. I think the red cape looks better design wise, but perhaps DC changed it to make his outfit look different than Superboy, I have no idea why there's two different versions actually.

To me, Jr. should look younger, like the way Mac Raboy drew him, and on a teen body. But that's just me. And this one really looks nice as is.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

I forgot to scroll down and see Captain Sivana. he looks sufficiently creepy

It looks like separate belts are being used instead of the sewn on belts. Good choice and adds more custom fodder too.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Hey, I just noticed that sculpt looks a bit like Paul Rudd. Get your Ant-Man outfits ready!!
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Cap Jr. has a pointing right hand... that's the KISS body, right?

Comment

• Toycade
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jul 8, 2014

Amazing series. Never thought I would see a "Captain Sivana." Can't wait to own them. Can't wait to sell them. Would love to see Cap Jr. come with BOTH capes.

Comment

• scott metzger
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 9, 2007

THe head sculpt on Junior looks good; not quite accurate to any particular look, but it has enough of an Elvis vibe in the hair to work (recall the story of Elvis walking up to his barber with a comic book featuring Junior in his hand an asking the have his hair cut like that). Is it on the adult or the teen body, or the sort of between Korak one? Either way, it looks to be in good scale to the body, meaning the majority of recent figures shown are at least getting away from Bizarro Head Syyndrome (though if this is based off the Korak head as someone suggested, that could account for the proper sizing). Hope the trend continues for the Big Red Cheese himself (and that they use just the generic female head for Mary).

Capt. Sivana is a good idea for this wave; rather than just making more of the same figure offered on the Kresge card, we get a different, yet quite legitimate, version of the character. He's definitely worth getting here, as I would have passed on a repeat of the regular version. I'm assuming the pre-order isn't up yet based on the story, but hopefully it won't be too long 'til we see the Captain and get an idea of when these will be out.

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Yeah! They listened to my Facebook Post and are making the SIVANA! ( evil Sivana Capt. Marvel) figure!!
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• tiinacat
                      Museum Patron
                      • Feb 4, 2015

I can not wait, more excited by this wave than any other. How sad the things I don't spend money on, and I'm willing to shell out over a thousand a year on retro Mego figures. Here's to a red cape variant!

Comment

• drogge
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 24, 2009

Exciting, will Captain Sivana be 8 inches?

Comment

• powersthatbe
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 27, 2010

CMJ looks great will replace my custom one I have made with a Chachi head,I too wish it came with a red cape.l never knew sivana had marvel powers but I'll probably use his suit to make a marvel family member.FTC said on FB Mary will be different from the kresge one so there's that.

Comment

• tiinacat
                            Museum Patron
                            • Feb 4, 2015

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Great comic panel. Sivana getting his butt kicked by Superman! Loved it!

I like the CMJ sculpt, the head actually looks to be in scale with the rest of the body, and doesn't have the overly cheerful look of Korak.

With all of the negativity towards the Kresge Mary, I have to say that I don't think she looks half bad. Okay, maybe she looks a bit too mature, but isn't the super powered version of Mary supposed to be more mature when it comes to physical age; the same way that Billy turns into an adult Captain Marvel?

Compared to the zombie eyed, fire engine red haired version that they have on site, the eye paints are much better and the hair is a much more realistic shade of red. I fully plan on getting her when she goes up for sale.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• OCSuperman
                                Museum Patron
                                • Sep 4, 2014

The capes on these look nice ... do you think that they'll "improve" the kresge Mary yellow cape? (For this wave)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎