Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your all time favorite Star Trek toy ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Well, I never owned any Star Trek toys as a child, but I really loved watching the Mego commercials. I really associate the Christmas season w/ the communicators, just b/c WNEW ran the commercial so much during the month of December the year they came out. I love all my Trek/EMCE figures and my Enterprise playset, but if I really had to pick a favorite, it's one I've been longing for, the Mission To Gamma 6 playset.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Sherry, I can't believe you were a 70's Star Trek gal fan but never had a Lt Uhura !!!

I so want to go back in my time machine and get you one for Christmas

Comment

• Boris71
        GeekBot' For Life
        • May 13, 2007

I'd love to go with the 8 inch Megos but I think it would be the 3 3/4 inch arcturian or zenerite closely followed by the 5 inch playmates figures
        Last edited by Boris71; Sep 30, '15, 12:09 AM.
        Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Thanks Mikey. but the truth is I never really wanted one. I was OK just to watch the cool commercials. And I didn't really start getting into Star Trek until I was maybe 9 or 10, when my dad would tune into it on Sunday evenings. I think the first ep I remember watching was The Menagerie.

Originally posted by Mikey
          Sherry, I can't believe you were a 70's Star Trek gal fan but never had a Lt Uhura !!!

I so want to go back in my time machine and get you one for Christmas
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I'd have to say the Mego Star Trek Phaser Battle game, which oddly enough, isn't on the Museum site! I just went looking for it!

A friend of my dad's found one in a dumpster (!) in the late 70s, and dragged it out. It wasn't working, but he fixed it up, and just gave it to my dad, because he didn't have any kids. I had been gifted a Mego Spock by that point, but had never watched a single episode. Nevertheless, we played with that thing for hours. I'd love to have one back.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• El Hombre Nuclear
              Museum Super Collector
              • Sep 5, 2014

I must confess to never having been a big Trek guy. It was on in reruns all the time when I was a kid, and I do remember the merchandise, but it never really caught my interest. I would have much preferred an action figure of mustachioed "In Search Of..." era Nimoy. He would have been a perfect foil for Bionic Bigfoot or the Tomland Abominable Snowman.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Loved "In Search of..." even though I was probably way to young to be watching it. It often terrified me. When I finally got around to watching Trek (age 6 or so), I thought, "Hey, the In Search of guy!"

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                  Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
                  • Jan 22, 2008

The 3 3/34 inch purple alien in a white suit (can never remember what she's called). Followed by the 8" Talos and the 12" arcturian (however it's spelled).

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                    Career Member
                    • May 14, 2007

I never had many Star Trek toys either when I was a lad. The only one I remember having is the Star Trek Colorforms so that would have to be my favorite one.
                    Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

Well, my ST Megos come first, of course. Nothing can top that.
                      But I'm really happy that Diamond released all the versions of the Enterprise during the last few years. I now have 7 designs!
                      I love my Diamond Enterprise fleet...

Enterprise.jpg
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• rykerw1701
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 27, 2007

Aside from the Megos, I had the most fun with that AMT set of the phaser/communicator/tricorder. They were all too small, even for a kid, but those things made many a trip through the woods to boldly explore many a new world.

Comment

• Allie Fox
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 1, 2009

I was more of a POTA kid. I did not have any of the Mego figures but did have an array of cosplay stuff; phaser that shot discs, communicator, tricorder and a utility belt.

My favorite Trek thing was the Colorforms playset. I absolutely adored that thing until it fell apart from use.
                          If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎