X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

The Aquaman Shrine is on hiatus

The Aquaman Shrine blog is going on hiatus--I enjoy checking it out daily almost as much as visiting here. Sad news indeed.

And I never did join FOAM, darnit.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Yeah sometimes I feel bad for Rob. Being the torch bearer for Arthur means he has to read and buy all the new issues and story archs, regardless of whether he enjoys them or not. I'd want a break too.
    The podcasts are still going to be on tho.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

You're right, he works hard to stay positive and objective, which with Aquaman isn't always easy.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Rob definitely deserves a break...and a paycheck from DC for carrying Aquaman's torch...even when they wouldn't!!!!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Rob works really hard for too little, I completely get the battery charge.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

What I love about the shrine, aside from how enthusiastic and eclectic it is, is how it shares so many fans' passion for the character. People post pix of their families enjoying Aquaman and I just melt .

As a kid, all I ever heard was, "Aquaman rides around with Wonder Woman, he's lame." As a young adult, "Aquaman just talks to fishes, lame."

The Aquaman Shrine is a place to explore and enjoy the character without that bias. I really appreciated it and I regret not saying so earlier. What's "lame" to me is what DC has done to Batman--they should be paying Marvel royalties .

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

The Aquaman shrine is back--hooray, but old news.

Today, Rob gives a great endorsement of the Mego Museum and showcases the unique webbed-hand Aquaman prototype.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Rob has closed his blog, The Aquaman Shrine, today. It saddens me and I regret I didn't participate more. I discovered the blog rather late in its existence. I've missed it during hiatus and suppose I always will. It was a perfect, dedicated expression of fan love for a character.

I know Earth2 Chris is friends with Rob--please share my gratitude for his effort and creativity with him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^Will do! That place actually changed my life! My friendship with Rob resulted in him asking me on a podcast episode, which opened up a new creative endeavor that has been very fulfilling for me.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you, sir. All the best to Rob and long live the Sea King.

Comment

• MRP
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 19, 2016

I discovered that Aquaman shrine a few years ago before I came to the Mego Museum when I was trying to find info on a Viewmaster gift set I had and google brought up the site as a search result. I enjoyed exploring it, and it's a shame it's coming to an end.

In a bit of synchronicity, I saw this cartoon a short time after I read the news in this thread this afternoon, but had to run to work and couldn't share it here before I left.

-M
                      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎