X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetjungle75
    Career Member
    • Jan 11, 2013

MEGO THOR HAIR Question

I know that with the Mego Conan figure, some of the earlier figures had short hair, and that all of the later one's produced had longer hair. My question is was this also the case with the Thor figure, or was it the case that ALL of the Thor figures produced had really long blond hair, and that those with "shoulder length", have all had their hair cut? Are there any examples of MOC short haired Thor's out there?
    Many thanks
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't think all later Conans had longer hair. My understanding is that both Thor & Conan had longer hair on the 1979 cards (Holcomb 196, 200). These would be last-run figures for these two characters.

My first Thor was a 1979 issue; my second was a 1976 (boxed). The shorter '76 hair did not seem trimmed to me.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
      Career Member
      • Jan 11, 2013

Many thanks. Just want I wanted to know.
      Just a thought, but are the shorter hair variants worth any more, or does it not make any difference?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I prefer the earlier, shorter versions, but I suspect value is tied to the packaging types and the vinyl cape variation for Thor.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Jetjungle75
          Career Member
          • Jan 11, 2013

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I prefer the earlier, shorter versions, but I suspect value is tied to the packaging types and the vinyl cape variation for Thor.
          Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Comment

• daz71
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2014

my thor has shorter hair i always thought it had been trimmed,it was described has having trimmed hair by the seller.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I'm glad they disclosed that, did it seem "off"?

Comment

• daz71
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2014

it looked shorter than the carded ones i had seen then when i read the description it said hair had been trimmed but i desperately wanted a thor.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎