X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimjohn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 28, 2011

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    I don't think the kid is dead. If he was wouldn't they have put him in a body bag as he was being taken out of the banquet? He was on the gurney with no blanket over his face or in a body bag. Don't be surprised if you see his return when the show comes back in February. I know there are still new episodes that will be coming every week for the next month or so...but I think there will be hints that he is still alive. Again...just my opinion but what I saw. This kid was too good not to keep him on as The Joker.
    I agree, I don't think we have seen the last of him either.
    My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      If they are looking at this as an alternate reality thing, then I'd love to see Alfred and Bruce as Batman and Robin.
      Fun idea

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by Grimjohn
        I agree, I don't think we have seen the last of him either.

Yeah, the Joker seemed to die many times in the comics

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Yeah, I'm opened to the possibility of Jerome coming back to life...and thus officially becoming the true green haired, white faced, purple wearing, maniacal badarze, that we all have come to love...
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Good grief no...
            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

How about Alfred the hound dog? He sure was after Gordon's babe...like a love stricken teenager. And damn, he doesn't seem to listen nor obey young Bruce at all, ha...
              sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

I think the guy with the tattoos will be a better Joker than this highly rated Gotham-show actor's performance. Obviously, the TV guy's solid---but, soon the transition from "SS film hype" to "SS actual film" will happen, and then "tattoos and the teeth" will be an afterthought and the starving Joker-fan people will focus their appreciation on a "film" Joker once again.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

sorry, but the inked up goofy grill Joker does nothing for me. In 5-6 years he will look dated just like Mullet Superman does today. Usually any attempt to dress up an iconic character in what was considered hip falls flat on its face and comes off as an attempt to pander to a younger crowd.
                  Last edited by thunderbolt; Oct 8, '15, 2:29 AM.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

sorry, but the inked up goofy grill Joker does nothing for me. In 5-6 years he will look dated just like Mullet Superman does today.
                    First... that Superman was SUPPOSED to look dated---he was a resurrected "Christ"-like character (hence a long-hair version of Supes albeit, Messiah in the back, business in the front) whose costume...as well as his hair... were supposed to revert back to their original looks after the "Death" story had run it's course.

Second, comics are not a MOTION picture media, which brings me to my next thought...
                    ... Usually any attempt to dress up an iconic character in what was considered hip falls flat on its face and comes off as an attempt to pander to a younger crowd.
                    Yeah---that's what most "marketing" is---pandering to the ones who buy the product.... the "it" generation of any era (so to speak).

And a "mullet" on Superman was not put there to make him "hip"---I think that was pretty played out by then.

Not that that matters, as motion pictures being quite different from comic books as far as "zeroing in on teeth and tats", I'm assuming all the oldster gripes about those things will quickly dissipate, when everyone realizes they weren't that big a deal after all because they were hardly noticeable on the big screen.

We will see if my point is validated or not when the dust has settled post-SS film release.

That said, you didn't make mention of "acting ability" and that's a big part of it. It'll be notable competition, but I think this SS guy will be a better "total package" (visually, performance) than the one on Gotham. Just my opinion.
                    Last edited by huedell; Oct 8, '15, 4:31 AM.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

The Super Mullet stayed past the death of Superman storyline, and made the people of Metropolis look even stupider when it came to Kent's SI, he magically had a pony tail at the same time of the Super-Mullet. The Joker look makes me think of the Poochie episode of the Simpsons every time I see it. It won't stick and the actor's work will have a hard time being distinguished from it. He wouldn't look all that bad if they ditched the poser hipster crap.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

The Super Mullet stayed past the death of Superman storyline,
                        Not much longer... and, I assume you aren't counting the "other" parts of the DOS--i.e. Funeral For A Friend, etc as "not part of DOS". And, risking redundancy, it was a comicbook detail---not something in a movie.

...and made the people of Metropolis look even stupider when it came to Kent's SI, he magically had a pony tail at the same time of the Super-Mullet...
                        Okay, but this is yet another reason why the "Super Mullet" example doesn't synch with Joker's tats/teeth.

The Joker look makes me think of the Poochie episode of the Simpsons every time I see it. It won't stick and the actor's work will have a hard time being distinguished from it. He wouldn't look all that bad if they ditched the poser hipster crap.
                        Poochie is an additional character----the tats and teeth are a minor visual detail that sticks out in close-up still shots of a shirtless SS Joker.

We'll see, but, I think, ultimately, the film will show many are over-stating the tats & teeth, assuming that the Joker's impact will be something along the lines of a new character---a new gimmick like Harley Quinn's hip new rapping brother who wears clown make-up and thick horn-rimmed jackets and skinny jeans.

If anything the youthfulness of Gotham's Jerome comes off more deliberate/pre-packaged than what I'm seeing overall in the Joker shown in the BVS:DOJ project.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Finally had a chance to watch "The Last Laugh." Damn, that Cameron Monaghan is a young acting tour de force! His character of Jerome is one of those that haunts you long after the episode is over. And, even if he isn't/wasn't The Joker, you can definitely see that he planted the seeds for The Joker, maybe even germinating the ideas that ANYONE can become The Joker; that The Joker is less a character and more a condition of a demented or psychopathic mind as there were evidently several "Jerome" apostles by the episode's end. Normally, I'm pretty gonzer for Robin Lord Taylor's Penguin, but Monaghan's Jerome made Lord's Penguin look pretty pale in comparison. I really hope to see this guy doing more stuff in the future.

Overall, the episode was very nicely orchestrated and it's very interesting to see Theo Galvan's plans unfold. Plus, I really like the fact that, in this incarnation, Alfred is just as comfortable kicking someone's *** as he is serving tea or polishing the silver.
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Paul Ruebens is returning as Cobblepot's dad.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Alfred slapping the heck outta little Catgirl...not cool at all...I found it very disturbing...talk about physically abusing a kid like that...and it was a tremdeously vicious slap at that...I'm shocked little Selina wasn't knocked out cold...

sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

hey, I just found out, a kid we know was an extra in this weeks episode. he walked past Bruce at the prep school. I have to get more details on this. of course my wife did not tell me until after I had deleted it from the DVD

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎