X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmarva
    Talkative Member
    • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
    Is Barbara Keane's character then just a character for the show...or is she going to be a DC character/bad guy/girl?
    To me it seems like they are doing a proto-Harley Quinn take with Barbara Keane.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by madmarva
      To me it seems like they are doing a proto-Harley Quinn take with Barbara Keane.
      My brother said the same thing. I don't know if they would do that and confuse the crowd that will go see Suicide Squad when it comes out...then again, it is DC

Comment

• madmarva
        Talkative Member
        • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
        My brother said the same thing. I don't know if they would do that and confuse the crowd that will go see Suicide Squad when it comes out...then again, it is DC
        That's a good point. She's not a psychiatrist and she's more of a contemporary of the Joker — if that character is the Joker — rather than a Stockholm Syndrome victim of his. But they aren't going to be able to use Harley so, to me, she seems like a Harley substitute of sorts. But I may be trying too hard to make it that way.

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Watched the 1st two episodes last night, and I agree this season is head and shoulders above last year! Gone is all the gang war stuff, and Penguin is now in charge period. Not sure how the bad thing Gordon did will play out- I suspect that Gordon may now become Commisioner and that Loeb will be using that info against him...I don't think we've seen the last of Peter Scolari ( who is excellent BTW).
          I also think Barbara is a Harley substitute. She's so much more interesting as a crazy crook than as the poor rich girl of last season. You can tell the actress is just loving the chance to act out.
          One point I have about young Master Bruce- he's too impulsive. He needs to be more calculating, almost scarily so. I can't imagine the comic book version throwing a tantrum on the lock like that. And Alfred surely with his connections could get an explosive instead of helping build a homemade bomb.
          I know we aren't really supposed to know The Joker's real name but if this kid ain't him it's a shame. He's great! He's got just the right mix of Jack Nicholson and Ceasar Romero. They've done an excellent job casting all these characters- more proof the tv DC universe is way more in touch with the characters than the movie world. Oh, if only we could one day have a scene on the rooftops of Gotham where we get to hear Jim Gordon being told " You have failed this city"...
          Oh, and I'm not missing Fish Mooney at all.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by madmarva
            That's a good point. She's not a psychiatrist and she's more of a contemporary of the Joker — if that character is the Joker — rather than a Stockholm Syndrome victim of his. But they aren't going to be able to use Harley so, to me, she seems like a Harley substitute of sorts. But I may be trying too hard to make it that way.
            why aren't they able to use Harley? Since the show has pretty much used all the other big villains, not sure why she'd be off limits. It doesn't look like DC is concerned about oversaturating its characters and confusing the audience like it used to be. Flash is on tv and the movies, along with Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad, Joker, Jimmy Olsen, Bruce Wayne, Alfred, etc.
            Last edited by thunderbolt; Oct 3, '15, 4:22 PM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by johnnystorm
              Watched the 1st two episodes last night, and I agree this season is head and shoulders above last year! Gone is all the gang war stuff, and Penguin is now in charge period. Not sure how the bad thing Gordon did will play out- I suspect that Gordon may now become Commisioner and that Loeb will be using that info against him...I don't think we've seen the last of Peter Scolari ( who is excellent BTW).
              On all this, agreed.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                One point I have about young Master Bruce- he's too impulsive. He needs to be more calculating, almost scarily so. I can't imagine the comic book version throwing a tantrum on the lock like that.
                Regarding your observation about young Master Bruce; I think the key word in your statement is "young." We all know that eventually, he will grow up to be the World's Greatest Detective and The Dark Knight, but at this point in his life, he's still a preteen who's trying to cope with having witnessed the brutal slaying of his parents and the possible connections between his father's company (and those running it) and those in Gotham of a less scrupulous nature. I think having a tantrum on a locked door that could be keeping him from secrets his father had was actually a fairly normal reaction. His cold, calculating persona will be born from what he learns as he grows up and from those with whom he associates.
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

********SPOILERS********

Bloody damn, looks like Jerome was not the actual Joker...more like the seed that starts it all.

The head writers said that the part of THE joker has not been cast yet...

I'm saddened, since this kid made a perfect Joker. The other dude playing better be one really special...
                  sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

^I agree Hector. I think this was the series first misstep. I was already invested in the character....I honestly expected him to wake up in the morgue and pull a gotcha on the audience at the end.

I'm not too thrilled with the casting of Michael Chiklis either. He's bringing too much baggage to the show IMO. Between the Commish and the Shield, we've already seen him play both a good cop and a bad cop. There's really nothing new here, and I'm afraid he's going to seem repetitive no matter how they write him.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                      Hot Child in the City
                      • Jul 3, 2008

Yeah, I was disappointed to see him go. He was excellent.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

I said from the beginning they will NOT introduce the Joker on the show. They will play with the idea of Joker but just like Batman they will never show Joker.

BUT

Jerome played better than I would have ever seen Joker played.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                          Bloody damn, looks like Jerome was not the actual Joker...more like the seed that starts it all.

The head writers said that the part of THE joker has not been cast yet...

I'm saddened, since this kid made a perfect Joker. The other dude playing better be one really special...

Agreed...I wish he had been the actually Joker. That kid played him to a T!!
                          sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

If they are looking at this as an alternate reality thing, then I'd love to see Alfred and Bruce as Batman and Robin.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                                Banned
                                • Jun 23, 2001

I don't think the kid is dead. If he was wouldn't they have put him in a body bag as he was being taken out of the banquet? He was on the gurney with no blanket over his face or in a body bag. Don't be surprised if you see his return when the show comes back in February. I know there are still new episodes that will be coming every week for the next month or so...but I think there will be hints that he is still alive. Again...just my opinion but what I saw. This kid was too good not to keep him on as The Joker.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎