Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I couple of quotes from critics about Gotham...

Positive:

"From the outset, you can see a lot has changed about Gotham between season 1 and 2. Last year, the overarching story line was the mob war between Falcone and Maroni; it was well done and engaging, but fought against the DNA of the show, which was begging for the serialized stories about costumed maniacs. And at last, we’re getting it."

Negative:

"Bruce Wayne, one of the richest people in Gotham, can’t buy a dozen sticks of dynamite, but instead goes to the Internet to learn how to build a fertilizer bomb? Does he grow up to be Batman or the Unabomber? Also, if you own a secret underground man cave and you don’t make your keycode your only child’s name, you’re a bad father. If you find your parent’s secret cave, always try your name first."

sigpic

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Not up on the comics like I used to be...who is Barbara suppose to be in bad guy terms? Which character?

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

I think Barbara is a new character, right?

They introduced a big crazy guy named Weylan early in season one.
        hopefully this will be Killer Croc.

I really like this show.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

The first season was standard gangster fair...but now it has a more comic book villainous flair, even better.
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Looking forward to watching tonight's episode once I get out of work.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
              The kid playing the Joker is 100 better than Jared Leto's lame looking one...
              AGREED!! No contest! That kid is really nailing it...what a great Joker!
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I couple of quotes from critics about Gotham...

Negative:

"Bruce Wayne, one of the richest people in Gotham, can’t buy a dozen sticks of dynamite, but instead goes to the Internet to learn how to build a fertilizer bomb? Does he grow up to be Batman or the Unabomber? Also, if you own a secret underground man cave and you don’t make your keycode your only child’s name, you’re a bad father. If you find your parent’s secret cave, always try your name first."

So, I guess Bruce is going to ask Alfred to drive him to the local dynamite store? And, get them to sell it to a minor? Is there a background check and waiting period for explosives nowadays? The fertilizer and diesel fuel were probably handy on a huge estate with a caretaker staff.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

I've enjoyed and thought the first season was what you would expect "before Batman": a still crooked Gotham but naturally you will have gangsters before the costume types/crazies start showing up. It started slow but really picked up steam at the end of the season and I liked the season 2 opener.

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    So, I guess Bruce is going to ask Alfred to drive him to the local dynamite store? And, get them to sell it to a minor? Is there a background check and waiting period for explosives nowadays? The fertilizer and diesel fuel were probably handy on a huge estate with a caretaker staff.
                    It's not my post, it's from some talk backer, lol...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

This Joker is a true maniacal mass murderer...he makes the Pinguin look downright civilized, lol...
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

It's not my post, it's from some talk backer, lol...
                        well, you were the reposter.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

So sue me, lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Finally had a chance to sit down and watch Monday's episode of Gotham. With nary a superhero or a Dark Knight in sight, this show consistently delivers fantastic entertainment week after week with the show definitely acting as a primer for the dark and dangerous streets The Batman will eventually haunt.

Cameron Monaghan is nailing a young Joker perfectly. He is able to contort his face almost via sheer willpower into the Joker's rictus grin. You can definitely tell that there's way more to his character of Jerome Valeska than meets the eye and that, later in life, a dip in a vat of chemicals will let the theatrical, homocidal demon out in full force.

Also really digging what they're doing with Edward Nygma so far. I never really thought of The Riddler as a character with dual personalities, but I'm really liking the direction they're taking him in. Reminds me a lot of the classic episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE "Nervous Man in a Four Dollar Room," where Joe Mantell's nebbishy and somewhat cowardly thug meets a far more confidant and dangerous version of himself.

Also thought it was interesting to see Lucius Fox being brought into the fold at such an early point. It definitely gives us a bit more insight into where the Batman acquires some of his tech and gadgetry once he hits the streets as The Dark Knight.

Overall, I'd rank S2E2 about 9.5 out of 10 stars.
                            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

This show is amazing, totally into it...just gets better and better....

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                                Banned
                                • Jun 23, 2001

Is Barbara Keane's character then just a character for the show...or is she going to be a DC character/bad guy/girl?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎