Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you repair knee joints in the package?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Can you repair knee joints in the package?

I know someone here made a thread about . I can't find it, but he did have a method.
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I've straightened legs of carded Megos by inserting a thin knitting needle from the bottom of the bubble (where bubble meets cardboard, there's often a slit), and then pushing it in place. Tricky, though.
    I've also used one of those metal pins they skewer meat on.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Try searching for "ship in a bottle"

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
        I know someone here made a thread about . I can't find it, but he did have a method.
        You didn't happen to just win a Keeper MOC with the broken leg, did you? Went for real cheap ($33.80)...

--SKot
        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• number 6
          Village Idiot
          • Jul 10, 2003

Originally posted by SKotK
          You didn't happen to just win a Keeper MOC with the broken leg, did you? Went for real cheap ($33.80)...

--SKot
          A broken knee pin isn't the only problem with that one; it also has a crack and piece out of the upper side of the bubble.

I would think it would be a bit of a challenge to fix that one as the lower leg is lying at the bottom of the bubble.

Interesting thing on that one - the first time it was listed a couple of weeks earlier is sold for around $100. The bubble damage was mentioned in the listing of the first description but not clearly pictured (you can kind of see it if you really look for it). Also looks like the broken leg was still somewhat in the upright position.

The second listing has an additional picture of the bubble damage.

Don't know for sure, but if I had to hazard a guess it would be the first bidder bid on the pictures alone without looking at the description carefully. Probably got quite a surprise when he opened the box. Seems to happen frequently with people using their phones to bid.

The clarification on the damage and the leg on the bottom of the bubble probably really killed it the second time around

Comment

• SKotK
            Career Member
            • Mar 11, 2014

Originally posted by number 6
            A broken knee pin isn't the only problem with that one; it also has a crack and piece out of the upper side of the bubble.

I would think it would be a bit of a challenge to fix that one as the lower leg is lying at the bottom of the bubble.

Interesting thing on that one - the first time it was listed a couple of weeks earlier is sold for around $100. The bubble damage was mentioned in the listing of the first description but not clearly pictured (you can kind of see it if you really look for it). Also looks like the broken leg was still somewhat in the upright position.

The second listing has an additional picture of the bubble damage.

Don't know for sure, but if I had to hazard a guess it would be the first bidder bid on the pictures alone without looking at the description carefully. Probably got quite a surprise when he opened the box. Seems to happen frequently with people using their phones to bid.

The clarification on the damage and the leg on the bottom of the bubble probably really killed it the second time around
            A bummer for the last buyer then on that one. I probably should have bid; I'm missing that and am looking for NIP Aliens on half-sealed/bubble-damaged cards so I can take them out. If it was fixable you planned to take it out anyway, it would have been well worth the 33 bucks.

--SKot
            Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• number 6
              Village Idiot
              • Jul 10, 2003

True, $33 does seem on the low side. I would think a minty, vintage Keeper robe would be worth at least half that if not more.

On the other hand, with the piece out of the bubble it would be a roll of the dice whether the pieces you would need to fix the knee would still be in the bubble. Maybe prospective bidders didn't want to take the chance that tracking down parts would more trouble than it was worth.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎