Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

The Fantastic Four has just as much potential as any other major Marvel franchise, I mean they made Ant-Man a minor hit. It's really just the execution by Fox that has been flawed, though I don't hate the second one like everyone else does. This sequel will never happen, though. It's just another tactic in the ongoing battle between Fox and Disney.

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

The FF have been my favourite superheroes since I was a kid, so it's killing me to see what Fox is doing with them instead of what Marvel could be doing. I'm sure the announcement of a sequel in development is just a ploy, it makes it look like the property is more valuable to Fox than it really is at this point, hoping it will put them in a better bargaining position during the negotiations with Marvel/Disney that are almost sure to happen now. Fingers crossed for a deal like Sony did with Spidey.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I think a lot of it is companies trying to save face in the public eye, to back their stockholders. If they admit they have a flop, then their stock drops, stockholders get antsy, etc. It's all spin-doctoring. They know they released a celluloid turd, but right now they're trying to pass it off as "not that bad". A few years from now, when they have a huge success, they'll look back at this and laugh about it, on camera.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

And Cancelled:

I finally caught a bit of this movie in the best way to see it, for free on the back of my plane seat with the words "Please pay $6 to continue" emblazoned across the screen. I made it to the library scene where Reed and Sue's amazing "Twilight-esque" dialogue drove me away.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

Not really a surprise. Hopefully some day The Fantastic Four will get made into a movie worthy of the characters and concepts.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Welp, Ridley via Fox cancelled Blompkamp's Alien sequel, which never had a chance.

Fox must be looking to clean up end-of-quarter books and take the chargeoff now before they get too invested. Some movies only get made because so much has been sunk during development that they need some kind of return.

Technically, this should mean they're giving up the rights. I think they have a six month window or it's an automatic revert. I'm still holding to my original theory: Fiege is an ex-Fox guy, he struck a Spidey/Sony deal, FF pop up for Infinity along with Jackman and some combo of Xavier/Magneto. Marvel spins the new X/FF stuff out from there and distributed by Fox.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by hedrap
                Welp, Ridley via Fox cancelled Blompkamp's Alien sequel, which never had a chance.

Fox must be looking to clean up end-of-quarter books and take the chargeoff now before they get too invested. Some movies only get made because so much has been sunk during development that they need some kind of return.

Technically, this should mean they're giving up the rights. I think they have a six month window or it's an automatic revert. I'm still holding to my original theory: Fiege is an ex-Fox guy, he struck a Spidey/Sony deal, FF pop up for Infinity along with Jackman and some combo of Xavier/Magneto. Marvel spins the new X/FF stuff out from there and distributed by Fox.
                Brilliantly said.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎