X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Godzilla
    That's high praise if Brian liked a Davros story.
    His presence is largely relevant to the story and I will admit,I am slightly buoyed by the notion of him passing on.

It was padded but the scenes between the Doctor and Davros had some nice emotional weight to them.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Godzilla
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 3, 2002

As much as I do like the Davros character, I was glad he wasn't just screaming the whole time. That's been so overdone.
      Mortui Vivos Docent
      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• palitoy
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Godzilla
        As much as I do like the Davros character, I was glad he wasn't just screaming the whole time. That's been so overdone.
        Good point, he was kind of low key and that's alright with me.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Davros always reminded me of one of my uncles

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mikey
            Davros always reminded me of one of my uncles
            Heh, that poor man.

He's always been a rubber mask to me, I first saw Genesis when I was six and I've never enjoyed his design.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I ment the idea of constantly hollering for the littlest reasons

When he had a few beers he'd start talking like Davros would (calm and cool) ... and by the time he finished the conversation he'd be yelling like a madman (as Dravros also does)

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Ah, gotcha. I caught "Breakfast with Baker" on BBC America this weekend, and it was fun to see Baker yell back at Davros. Someone needs to.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• johnnystorm
                  Hot Child in the City
                  • Jul 3, 2008

Well, still having one heck of a time understanding what everyone is saying. Is it just me or is it the way BBC America broadcasts? Like it's sped up or something?
                  The whole episode was somewhat confusing to me, too many little plots muddying the whole thing. Hated the guitar and tank bit, way over the top for me.
                  I'm over "Missy" too, please can we have classic Master back? Not a Davros fan either, the rubber mask analogy is so true.
                  Sadly, low key Davros was the one character I could understand clearly!
                  The one brief bit with the Daleks on videotape was cool. I'd like to see them do a complete episode "old school" on videotape without the modern effects. Might be interesting!
                  Best news of all was the screenings if the Tom Baker episodes! Set my DVR for the next few weeks... Why BBC Am doesnt show more of this instead of reruns of Star Trek next Gen ( hardly British outside of Patrick Stewart).... So many classic shows or even current stuff and we get Top Gear marathons? Crazy! I'd rather see More classic Who!

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched the first episode from last week.

Kinda felt embarrassed for the show watching the whole arena scene.

Still can't understand half the stuff Capaldi says... ( he seriously needs subtitles)

Getting very sick of Clara.

Every time I see "Missy" I keeping thinking it was a waste not making her the Rani.

Only upside for me of the whole episode was seeing the Brig's daughter--- (love her)

In a nutshell, thought the episode was kinda lousy.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Episode 2 was interesting... left a lot of unanswered questions. Still get a kick out of seeing all those classic Daleks alongside the new ones.
                      Sort of wished they'd left Clara inside the Dalek! (I seem to remember she ends up in one anyway...)
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

SPOILERS!!!!!!

It's classic Moffat. He comes up with a good idea, but halfway through can't be bothered to think up a logical solution. Then he falls back on what I'm starting to call "Magic Fiction".
                        The Tardis isn't destroyed, no, it has a "dispersal" system. It magically re-appears and reforms.
                        Clara isn't destroyed, no, they can now intercept the Dalek death ray and convert it into a teleport beam.
                        Daleks don't die, they become sentient slime, that then comes back and attacks. How so, and why, let's not think about that.

Moffat writes a highspeed story, hoping nobody will stop and think and ask questions.
                        I love SF (and Dr.Who), but there are certain ground rules you need to stick to. Like: R2D2 doesn't fly and have flamethrowers and arms. No, he doesn't, George!
                        This episode changes a lot of basic Who rules, almost making the Doctor invincible. He can intercept death rays, call the Tardis at will, it reforms around him, etc.
                        And of course, just about every episode is "the last day of the Doctor"...

Not my cup of tea...
                        Last edited by Gorn Captain; Sep 29, '15, 8:07 AM.
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• johnnystorm
                          Hot Child in the City
                          • Jul 3, 2008

I agree...there's really no sense of danger anymore, as everything leads up to a "surprise!" resolution that resets everything.
                          Sonic Sunglasses are stupid. I expect a scene with the Doctor in his underwear doing his Risky Business impression in the Tardis.
                          No more Missy for awhile, I hope, same with the Daleks. Once each per Doctor's run used to be the average, every Doctor got a good Dalek tale, now he defeats them twice a season. Ditto the Cybermen. A huge villain list to choose from and it's the same ones over & over, should be a Weeping Angels story soon I bet.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

It seems Doctor Who is slowly becoming a parody of itself.

It almost makes Curse of the Fatal Death more Doctor Who than what we currently have.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

My son liked the Sonic Sunglasses, so I guess mission accomplished if they are trying to pull the lost younger viewers back in by making Capaldi "cooler".

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                                Invincible Ironing Man
                                • Feb 28, 2008

In these first two eps, I've kinda missed Capaldi's "in your face" comments, like "could you hurry up, please, or I'll hit you with my shoe"...
                                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎