X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Doctor Who new series prologue

In the clip, the Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi, returns once more to Karn with Clare Higgins reprising her role as Ohila, the High Priestess from Night of the Doctor.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Really enjoyed this, sharp dialogue.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm excited for this. I hope they shake out some of the freshman awkwardness, because I like Capaldi. Here's hoping he gets to be the main focus this season.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Looking forward to some more razorsharp Capaldi lines. I love his brutally honest attitude.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Looking forward to some more razorsharp Capaldi lines. I love his brutally honest attitude.
          Same here. I know Moffat and co. have taken a beating for making the show less popular, but you can really only go with young happy guys so long. Had they gone with someone similar to Tennant or Smith, it would have read as a huge rip off of those two, I think.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Even though Capaldi has only portrayed The Doctor for one series (or season, as we call them here on the American side of the Pond), in re-watching several of the Matt Smith episodes (since BBC is kind enough to be running a marathon), I can already see that Capaldi brings a much greater sense of gravitas to the character of The Doctor. Perhaps it's because Capaldi is Matt Smith's senior by old most thirty years or perhaps it's because he's been acting longer and has a somewhat wider range or maybe it's just those killer eyebrows. LOL! Still love both Tennant and Smith's Doctors, but I think that Moffatt made the right choice in bringing in an older, more seasoned actor as the Twelfth (or would that be Thirteenth or First?) Doctor.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Smith has no eyebrows, and Capaldi has the eyebrows of 10 men.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

Just watched the first episode of the new season. Overall, pretty good. Nice to see Karn and the Sisterhood again, if only briefly.
                The whole tank/guitar sequence was typical Moffat going over the top again, and got a little tedious, but when we got into the meat of the story it really kicked into high gear. A few classic Daleks, too. Nice.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Finished up Season 9, Episode 1 about an hour ago. Wow!! Drastic improvement over last season for sure! Great to see an old, familiar character again and get a little backstory on him as well. Next week's episode looks to be quite a kicker, too.
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

I don't know.
                    I like the basic concept, but the whole story was an OTT mess, and I really, really dislike "Missy".
                    The "planes " idea was also pretty lame.
                    After having watched this ep, I think I know how it feels like when you do drugs and you have a bad trip.
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Godzilla
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 3, 2002

I liked it, but didn't love it. I think I was more enthralled with the prologue than the episode. The ep has good characterizations and some funny parts, but it just didn't quite add up for me. It was ok, but I wasn;t blown away.
                      Mortui Vivos Docent
                      The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Really enjoying it thus far, happy to see Missy again and I'm loving the cliff hangers. The tank thing was a bit silly but i've seen worse.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

I hated the new episode. I thought it was a mess. I hate Missy. The show really frustrates me. I like Capaldi as the Doctor but the quality of the stories needs to improve. I've been a fan of Doctor Who since PBS first started showing the Jon Pertwee episodes in the early '70s. If this were some other science fiction series I would have given up on it long ago. I stick with it because it's Doctor Who but its getting harder and harder to stay interested.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I enjoyed it, and even though I'm a Who newbie, I knew who Davros was, so my son and I were like "WOW!!!". The tank thing seemed to be pandering to the younger crowd saying "see, he's old, but he's COOL!".

I'm kind of sick of Missy. I hope we get her out of the way here and she doesn't come back for a while.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
                              Permanent Member
                              • Nov 3, 2002

That's high praise if Brian liked a Davros story.
                              Mortui Vivos Docent
                              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎