Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

The only figure I've never owned (other than the foreign Riddler and the like) is Cyborg. He's also the priciest figure. One of these days...

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• dumbldor
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 9, 2002

I have been wondering how to obtain a Cyborg myself. Will not be easy or cheap.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I love this line and have a complete NM loose set that I collected as a teen. True story: I was upset at not being able to find several of the last wave of figures, as well as the Darkseid playset. So I wrote to Kenner in Cincinnati.

They very kindly replied that the playset was not produced, but I was able to buy the figures directly from Kenner. I still recall how excited I was, I had to go get a PMO because I couldn't write checks yet. I don't know exactly which figures anymore--I do remember Mr. Miracle, Cyborg, and Golden Pharaoh.

I thought, and still do, that Golden Pharaoh is a striking-looking figure.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I love this line and have a complete NM loose set that I collected as a teen. True story: I was upset at not being able to find several of the last wave of figures, as well as the Darkseid playset. So I wrote to Kenner in Cincinnati.

They very kindly replied that the playset was not produced, but I was able to buy the figures directly from Kenner. I still recall how excited I was, I had to go get a PMO because I couldn't write checks yet. I don't know exactly which figures anymore--I do remember Mr. Miracle, Cyborg, and Golden Pharaoh.

I thought, and still do, that Golden Pharaoh is a striking-looking figure.
          That is a GREAT story! They "really do care"! I swear, if not for mailaway figures, I wouldn't know how to write a letter or where to put a stamp. Would love to see a pic of the complete set.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Lol They are in the vast Boxed-Up Toy Horde of North-East Ohio. I also have a MOC Penguin--go figure--and an extra carry-case with little typed labels to hold more characters. I got some razzing when I received the SP Hall of Justice playset for Christmas when I was in high school, but I have no shame when it comes to toys.

Seeing the art and production designs for unproduced waves is tantalizing.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• plaztekman
              Career Member
              • Apr 27, 2008

I have about 20 of them, all loose, in storage. Been thinking about selling them. I should check Ebay to see what they're bringing.
              Check out my photoblog: http://megomuseum.com/community/blog...773-plaztekman

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by dumbldor
                I still appreciate Mego WGSH more, but I have fallen in love with this line. It started with these from Dwayne, all Mint complete off of beater cards:

I have added a few more loose figures off of beater cards, and now I am about 8 away from a loose set. Can't wait to display the entire line loose.
                I'm glad he found that box and the figures weren't lost to the dump. That would be a tough pill to swallow. I hope you can complete the set. Cyborg and Riddler are hard to beat. Green Arrow isn't a scub either.

Comment

• RickD
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 31, 2011

I had this entire set including Super Amigos Riddlers MOC. I love this line, but I sold the set a couple years back. I was just acquiring too much stuff at the time.

On another note, As others have stated, it is nice to see the loose set Dwayne sold didn't find its way to the dump. Woud have been a shame to have that happen

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I am quite fond of SP, and have a loose set in-progress. But they will always be bittersweet for me as I remember the childhood disappointment when I realized Megos were gone and replaced by these.

Comment

• TomStrong
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2011

I loved them and still have my childhood figures. I had the batmobile, supermobile, and the lex soar seven but sold them at yard sales. But I too realized Megos were no more but man, I loved these. The Garcia Lopez art on all the promotional materials was fantastic too.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I remember taking a few of them back to the store because their super punches weren't vigorous enough, so I exchanged them. The mechanisms varied from figure to figure.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Great pics Dan. I love the SP line.

I have a complete, mint, loose set along with the Batmoble. I had at one time all MOC except for 5 or so, all the vehicles and the HOJ but sold them all off. Some days I regret doing that.

I'd like to get Riddler and Captain Rayo and the Batcopter some day.

I remember finding Cyborg in a Kmart back in the day. Still in my collection today.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Was too old to enjoy Super Powers as toy figures (was already out of High School when they came out) but I do appreciate them as nice solid figures in the top 5 of best 80's figures ever made.

Comment

• dumbldor
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 9, 2002

Some new MOC additions. Man, series 1 and 2 are really tough to find on nice US cards!!!! Series 3 are not hard to find on nice US cards, although the bubbles are usually yellow.

Plus an updated loose, mint, complete group shot (which is already out of date again!!!):

Comment

• starsky
                                veteran member
                                • Aug 26, 2007

love super powers as well. have all the us release figures loose. carded ones have just skyrocketed in recent years!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎