Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else think Avengers 2 was mediocre at best?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Who else think Avengers 2 was mediocre at best?

I know I'm going to get FLAME ON here...such blasphemy...

When I first saw it, I was like, "mmm, it was okay". Second viewing, "man, this kinda sucked".

Perhaps I'm just sick and tired of the Avengers fighting nothing but robots. I was like, "robots again?"

Not nearly as bad as Iron Man 3, well, that's kinda insulting Avengers 2...for Iron Man 3 is one of the worst superhero movies I've ever seen, only slightly better than Blankman, lol.

After two viewings, I think that's it for me...perhaps ten years from now, I might give it another shot.

I might be biased here, but Man of Steel is Citizen Kane to me in comparison...

WHO IS WITH ME??

***ducks and runs***

sigpic
  • mego maniac mark
    Career Member
    • Aug 3, 2010

I thought it was ok, not as good as first. I am not counting the days to see it again, I confess.
    mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Iron Mego
      Wake Up Heavy
      • Jan 31, 2010

It was overwhelming to me. They can do so much now with CGI and all the other technical advances that they just cram every fight scene with everything they can think of. It's too much for this old guy.

But yeah, when you strip all that away it's kinda, meh.
      Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Yeah, if they simplified everything, meaning, toning down all that excessive glitter...like the two stand alone Captain America movies, then we might have something...
        sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

One of my favorite comicbook movies of the modern era. Action from beginning to end and LOVED the Ultron character and his dynamic with Vision.

There's my two cents. I liked it.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

I thought some of it was kinda dumb, like the Hulk and Black Widow. And too many robots. Robot smashing is getting boring.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I loved it. Entertaining and breezy fun from start to finish. Better than the first one.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

It's terrible, but that's heresy. Only good elements were Renner, Vision and Smulders.

Story is a quagmire of nonsense. RDJ was doing a parody of himself as Stark. Hemsworth was apparently having way too much fun, Evans one-liners were gawd awful, but not as bad as Johannsen who must have no vocal range or volume. Every line from her is said the exact same or ADR'd to punch it up. Spacer was embarrassing and Taylor/Olsen were pointless.

The biggest killer is how it crapped on the "it all connects" game. That was my biggest worry as fans had invested sooo much into believing it was more than a marketing gimmick. The Easter eggs, the DVD extras, AoS plot points. They amounted to nothing because Marvel is not going to take risks. And that's Fiege. His ideal is 80's Zemeckis/Soielberg and those movies are great for families.

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

Instead of a coherent, linear film it was more like a bunch of scenes thrown together in a quasi-chronological order. There's a big difference.

It was obvious Whedon was stressed, tired and rushed when he made this, and maybe a tad bit over ambitious. There were lots of terrific parts to the film. I loved the Ultron persona, loved Vision and I really liked Quicksilver. It had lots of positives, but was weighed down by heavy, non-essential sub plots. I'll be buying this for sure, but this film was not nearly what it could have been.
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

I liked the first one better, the second one lacked any sense of urgency, it all laid out too nicely, a bunch of smaller stories knitted together... Ultron is a cool character, but not so much in this movie, he made a lot of bad choices. Also his final "version" didn't do it for me, why does a robot need a mouth that moves?

The two Avengers were pretty much the same movie, we exchanged aliens for robots, Loki for Ultron, the people of New York for that Other town where people had to get to safety....

With that being said, I did see it twice in the theater and enjoyed the 2nd viewing more than the first one.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

The one thing I did like was Paul Bettany as the Vision, what an awesome character, and he nailed the part. When he picked up Thor's hammer, well, that right there was my favorite part of the movie.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 30, 2015

Yes, I'm with you. I also think the first one is very overrated. Enjoyable, but still overrated.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

It was ok, but nothing more.
                          There were several things I found disappointing.

1. As said, the Avengers are fighting swarms of robots again. Much like in the first one, with the Cithauri (or whatever they're called). CG buildings crumbling, blah blah blah.

2. Ultron is my favorite Avengers bad guy, but didn't like his look. Don't fix what ain't broke!

3. None of the lead Avengers have great solo scenes. They just run around with the rest, smashing robots.

4. Again, it's all about Tony Stark. Isn't his ego inflated enough already?

5. As Ultron can store his identity in as many robots as he likes (infinitely cloning himself), why didn't he keep a bunch of them scattered across the globe as back-ups? Nobody would ever be able to eradicate them all, he'd live forever. Answer me that, Whedon!

It's not a bad movie, in a popcorn kind of way, but I expected a lot more. The Hulk/Black Widow scenes were nice. I wish they'd get together. Have some kids. Little Black Hulks!
                          I also liked Hawkeye's family life. But as a father, I'd never take the Avengers to my home. Wouldn't bring my family into a combat situation.
                          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• daz71
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2014

yes i agree not as good as the first although i remember watching the first one thinking what's going on no wasp or antman ,no jarvis they turned him into a computer everyone knows iron man's secret identity and i didn't even realize that hawkeye was hawkeye until near the end of the film & nick fury had changed colour and had become a bald john shaft in a trenchcoat.
                            Last edited by daz71; Sep 5, '15, 6:25 AM.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                              Permanent Member
                              • Sep 15, 2014

I haven't seen it yet but I plan to at the end of the month.
                              I wasn't on the hype train for the first Avengers . I thought it was just ok, nothing special. But if I was 10 or 12 again perhaps I would have loved it.

For my money the best Marvel movies have been Guardians of the Galaxy and the first Ironman.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎